This post is sposored by Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape.
My kids are always looking for new ways to express their personalities by personalizing everything and anything. We decided to try our hand at personalizing a backpack with some Scotch Color & Pattern Duct Tape and we’re loving the results.
You’ll need a backpack, Scotch Color & Pattern Duct Tape of your choice, a self healing mat, a ruler and a precision cutting blade.
1. Choose 3 to 4 colors and patterns of Scotch Color & Pattern Duct Tape. For the first backpack we used Pretty Snakey, Jet Black and Pearl White. For the second backpack with squares we used Batman (Glow-in-the-Dark), Neon Stripes and Pearl White.
2. Adhere the duct tape across the self healing mat (sticky side down).
3. Using a ruler and a precision cutting blade, cut your preferred shape out of the Duct Tape. We chose triangles and squares.
4. Using the tip of your blade gently lift your cut shapes off of the self healing mat.
5. Starting from the center and working your way out press your shapes evenly onto the backpack.
6. Trim any access tape off the edges of your backpack (where the seams meet).
7. Add as many or few shapes as you like.
8. To add even more personalization wrap Duct tape around the zipper pulls and straps.
9. To permanently attach the shapes you can stitch around the edge of each shape. Leave as is to change out patterns and shapes as you please
Easy and fun! Wonder what else we can add duct tape to 😉
This post is a collaboration with Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape, but (as always) words and opinions are 100% my own.
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!