Disneyland is celebrating it’s 60th (Diamond) Anniversary this year and as if we needed more, I’ve been putting together a list of reasons to take my tweens / teens to Disneyland this summer!
- 24 hour celebration! The all-day/all-night celebration will begin at 6 a.m. Friday, May 22, and will conclude 24 hours* later at6 a.m. Saturday, May 23, 2015 local time. What teen wouldn’t want to stay up for 24 hours ESPECIALLY at the happiest place on earth?!
- “Disneyland Forever” Fireworks Show – This new show has special effects that turn the storefronts of Main Street, U.S.A., the Matterhorn mountain, the “Fantasmic!” water screens and the façade of “it’s a small world” into gigantic projections screens filled with color, characters and surprises. You can’t help but get goosebumps during the regular Fireworks show, we can’t WAIT to see this special presentation!
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Even if you don’t have as huge of a Walt Disney fan as I do, this is sure to be an amazing production for all ages! “World of Color – Celebrate!” illuminates the night in a fun-filled and inspirational journey exploring Walt Disney’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park. It culminates in a madcap musical tour of Disneyland Resort attractions as you’ve never seen them before.
- Mad T Party Diamond Celebration – We are super excited to hear that the Mad T Party is back and celebrating the 60th along with the rest of the park. This is such a fun dance party with amazing music that your teens will love!
- Diamond Celebration Food & Merchandise – Celebrating an anniversary at Disneyland is so much fun. We were there for the 35th and I still LOVE seeing all the special photos and t-shirts from the the event. You’re sure to find some keepsakes that your kids can show off when they’re older.
- Photos – Teens love photos right (well, really who doesn’t)? Whether you’re there for 24 hours or not challenge them to see who can get the most unique selfies, photos with characters, artistic photos etc. Then you can work together to create unique albums afterwards (we’ll share some ideas on this later!) or re-create some childhood photos in the same spots (this is what my boys want to do since we’ve gone to Disneyland together since 2002).
- Family Time – If you have a teen you’ve already thought about how your family time is getting fewer and farther between. No matter where you plan your summer vacations, make sure to set time aside to be together and enjoy each other this summer!
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!