We love a good staycation. Especially at the end of summer in Phoenix, a gorgeous pool, a cold drink and fireworks can make the hot temps completely bearable. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is one of our favorite local destinations for holiday fun, dinner or a weekend staycation. They hosted us this weekend to help out with my coverage but we visit often on our own! They have a TON of fun planned for Labor Day weekend so if you don’t have any plans – definitely check it out.
The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess hosts one of my favorite spots to grab a drink with chips and guac – La Hacienda, but they also have so much to offer families
- Six Heated Swimming pools with seasonal activities like dive in movies
- Many different types of accommodations for families
- Trailblazers Family Adventure Center
- Sport court
- Lagoon fishing
- Ping pong
This AAA Five Diamond resort just opened its sixth and largest pool – Sunset Beach – with 830 tons of white sand, glamorous cabanas (with misting systems) and 102 luxurious new guest rooms. We loved this new area and for the summer they have some extra fun spots set up for the kids like water balloons and pool side activities.
One thing that makes a resort a top pick for a family staycation is it’s kid’s club. I think the Princess has one of the best. Their Trailblazers Kids Club is for ages 5-12 and each day of the week features a signature theme activity, from exploring the property and it’s wildlife to making s’mores in a solar oven. In the morning the kids have a wide variety of options to choose from; sports, board games, card games, arts and crafts, ping pong, air hockey… The afternoon consists of swimming and recreational games, ending the day with an ice cream social! Teens can even join in as junior counselors.
The boys’ favorite part about summer is their nighttime Techno Glo party, dive in movies and fireworks!
It’s always fun to swim at night and their Techno Glo Party takes the fun even further with music, lights, slides and extreme “rides”, they didn’t want to leave! If you’re planning on a pool day I definitely recommend getting a cabana. It gives you plenty of shade, keeps you cool and provides a bit of shelter to relax in in between all the activities.
One thing they do really well is activities for families. It’s always a favorite spot of ours for Christmas but they do an awesome summer as well. They have tons of fun planned for Labor Day so go now and book your fun Caribbean Cruise themed “dreamcation” right in Scottsdale, AZ. The Princess has tons of themed fun planned for the weekend including:
- Landlubbers being greeted at the front drive/ship dock by valets in sailor hats
- Guests then embark the gangway to the lobby, where they may take a complimentary photo with a life buoy and a digitally super-imposed cruise ship or Caribbean island in the background
- Swim with Moon Mermaid at the new Mermaid University
- Become a pirate in Swashbuckler Academy
- Fishing derbies with Ranger Rick
- Watermelon eating contests
- Diving for lost treasure
- For the adults, sipping a Bermuda banana hurricane cocktail and listening to the sounds of a steel drummer adds to the island paradise – I LOVE steel drums!
- Grown-ups may also sample rare Caribbean rums at Toro Latin Restaurant & Rum Bar
- Poolside hair Quench treatment from Well & Being Spa
- Techno Glo Party – a thrill ride down the water slides with black lights, lasers, fog and the hottest hits played by DJ Splash, along with LED hula hoopers and the Splash Rider X-treme water ride
Labor Day Dreamcation weekend rates start at $209 per night for the Sip, Savor & Sand package which includes a $50 daily credit for dining, spa or the Trailblazers Kids Club. As an added bonus, you can enjoy a complimentary late check-out of 4 p.m. on Monday, September 5, 2016!
Whether you’re coming for Labor Day or not, the Princess knows how to do a staycation or getaway!