I use the term “preschool” loosely here. I always say these ages are tough because kids are so different. Either way, we try! Here’s my (and the boys’ picks) for preschoolers this year!
*Post contains affiliate links.
This age is so much fun to shop for because really, they’d be happy with anything right?! Here are some ideas we came up with of things we’ve gotten other and they’ve loved it or had recommended by parents of preschool aged kids. What would you add to the list?
- Dust! Sweep! Mop! – pretend play is huge at this age. I love this wooden set from Melissa and Doug.
- BB-8 – this oversized version is perfect for your little Star Wars fan! It’s 18″ tall and recommended for ages 3+
- Super Hero Flight City – for your little super hero fan, this set is both Gotham City and Metropolis!
- Kidnoculars – for your explorer, these focus free binoculars are perfect for hands on science or nature walks.
- Ride on Excavator – your preschooler can control their own tractor! It’s a digger, scooter and pulling cart
- Wooden Fishing Game – always a fun classic that most kids love.
- Buccaneer Boat with Flag – lots of pretend play can happen here. A fun play on toy that’s not gigantic. I love the pirate theme.
- Magformers – recommended by many, Magformers are an easy construction toy that is great for this age!
- Superhero dress up – I love giving dress up items for gifts. These superhero capes and masks are the perfect start.
- Step 2 Up & Down Roller Coaster – kids get SUCH a kick out of this! 10 feet long and all the amusement a preschooler needs for a fun afternoon.
You can also check out our other gift guides from this year and the last few years for more great ideas!
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!