I often get asked what there is for tween or teen boys at Disneyland. If you’re worried about there being enough “cool factor” for your tween or teen boy we’ve put together a list of 7 things your teen (or tween) boy might find pretty cool at the Disneyland Resort.
My brother always loved Disneyland and there’s never been a shortage of love for the magical place in our house, but just in case you’ve had the same concerns as others here are a few things your teen boys (and girls) can look forward to! Feel free to add in your teen’s favorites in the comments!
- The “big” rides. Probably the most obvious reason your tween/teen will love Disneyland/California Adventure are the big rides like California Screamin’, Soarin’ Over California, Tower of Terror, Grizzly River Run, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones…
- Marvel exhibits inside of Innoventions – I still remember this building having the people mover, but it’s even cooler inside now with exhibits set up for IronMan, Captain America and Thor (as well as some video games)
- Cars Land – the new Radiator Springs Racers is pretty awesome all by itself but did you know that Chip Foose had a hand in some aspects of this area of the park? If you have a Foose fan they’ll love looking for all the details put into the park and big attraction.
- The food! I’m beginning to realize just how much food plays into the everyday lives of teens so food will definitely be high on the list. Turkey legs, Mickey shaped treats, clam chowder in a bread bowl, mexican food, pizza there are TONS of delicious options!
- Aladdin – if you think you might have trouble getting your tween or teen to sit still for a show, try Aladdin. Yes it’s a musical, but I think they’ll LOVE the pop culture twists the genie brings. They may even get more of the subtle jokes than you. It’s often passed by for more mainstream attractions, but it’s one I’m thinking your family will leave smiling, even the hard to crack teens.
- Hidden Mickeys – a fun way to pass the time while walking or waiting is looking for hidden mickeys throughout the parks. You can check out this book to know where to look and see how many you can find!
- Fronteirland Shootin Explosion – this is always a favorite of my boys big and small! There’s also a full arcade in Tomorrowland and the carnival games in California Adventure. Speaking of video games, both Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters have video games incorporated into the rides!
- Night life – everything is cooler at night. There’s the fireworks show (a must see), World of Color, live bands often play in Tomorrowland and Autopia is a bit more magical at night. Compare rides like the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain during the day and at night to see which you like best!
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!