Thanks to Moen for sponsoring this post!
It’s been over a year since I shared my kitchen over haul so I thought I’d give an update! I am SO glad we did it. Everything still looks just as good as the day we put it all in. One thing we didn’t replace that it was definitely time for though, was our garbage disposal.
We have a gorgeous new sink and faucets but we put the same disposal back in. One day I was cleaning the sink and realized even after the boys had ran the disposal there were still entire pieces of lemon sitting in the drain.
Definitely time for a new one! When I learned that Moen had a great selection of disposals I knew that’s what we wanted to get since we’ve had such great luck with the other Moen products in our home.
Men now offers seven different disposal models ranging from 1/3 Horsepower to 1 HP (we got
Some things that make these disposals so awesome:
- Universal Xpress Mount installation system fits all Moen and most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies (which made it easy for Jared to install)
- Compact design is lightweight for easier installation and frees up valuable space under the sink. As you can see we didn’t have much because of our R.O. system already installed so this was super important.
- Vortex permanent magnet motor is similar to power tools – immediately operating at full speed – resulting in finely ground particles to help reduce jamming
- Moen SoundSHIELD technology is designed to deaden the sound levels of the powerful disposal motor at work
- Includes power cord (I have learned after several new appliances that not everything comes with a power cord which is slightly annoying)
- Moen disposals feature Moen’s Limited Warranty with In-Home Service that guarantees help is there when you need it.
Ok that’s all great but does it work? So far so good and it’s much quieter than our old one! The boys have been in the kitchen a lot lately making up random new recipes. Especially frozen pop recipes!
And everything that’s left over usually gets thrown in the sink.
Ok, who am I kidding, THIS is what the sink usually looks like:
So by the time we get to the bottom, having a garbage disposal that we can rely on is super important. I noticed that you can even buy the Moen disposals at Home Depot now too which means you can grab one when you’re in a disposal emergency 😉
We really should have just put one in when we re-did the kitchen, but one step at a time right?! You can read about how we painted the cabinets here. Or learn more about Moen’s line of disposals here.
Thankfully now I can let the boys make whatever they want (and clean up after themselves) and not have to worry about fishing stuff out of the sink!
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!