Stockings are my absolute favorite! Small, fun gifts or treats and we always got to open them up as soon as we woke up before my parents were up. My boys love stockings too and it’s a fun way to exchange gifts between cousins or friends. When I was in school a few years my friends and I exchanged stockings instead of full gifts and it gave so much more room to have fun with what was inside!
These are definitely geared more towards older kids. I’ve found that Santa needs to get much more creative as kids get older. For younger kids, stickers, favorite candies and small toys are always a great choice.
- Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty – The first ever glow in the dark heat-sensitive hypercolor! Or any Aaron’s Thinking Putty would work.
- The Famous Drinking Bird – a classic and always a favorite. Fluid inside condenses from the evaporative cooling of the water off the bird’s beak, making it top heavy and dunking it back into the water. The condensate rejoins the liquid pool in the bird’s bulb, and he tips up again.
- Multi-function Pocket Tool – this one even comes with an LED flashlight! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used my sons multi tool 😉
- Miracle Berry Fruit Tablets – not a candy themselves, eat one and for a short time all sour foods will taste sweet! Definitely a fun experiment.
- Rogue One Tops Trumps – a fun card game (that comes in other sets if Star Wars isn’t your thing) Player 1 chooses and calls out their best stat, the other players see if they can beat this stat (Highest number wins). The card with the highest stat wins all of the top cards and adds them to the base of their pile.
- Multifunctional Paracord Bracelet – part fashion accessory and part emergency preparedness. This one comes with the paracord, compass, flint fire starter, whistle and scraper.
- Mixed Bugs – yes, bugs. My boys love stuff like this. This bag of edible insects inclues Grasshoppers, Mole Crickets, Silkworms, Crickets and Sago worms.
- Hog Wild Poppers – always a stocking stuffer favorite. Pop the balls out of their mouths to send them flying with a satisfying “pop” noise. Everyone will want to play with this.
- Rubik’s 2×2 Cube – or any fun puzzle game are always a great choice.
- Fidget Cube – super popular this year there are all kinds of cubes, chains or fidget toys to choose from.
You can also check out our other gift guides from this year and the last few years for more great ideas! I try not to duplicate so there are some items we would have added here that are on our older lists!
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!