Trip sponsored by Disney but the opinions/experience are mine.
Cars 3 is out on Digital TODAY and will be out on Blu-ray 11/3/17! What better way to get ready for the release than a trip to Cars Land at Disneyland?! To make it even better, Cars Land is all decked out for Haul-O-Ween and it looks incredible!
Cars 3 on Digital and Blu-ray
Have you seen Cars 3 yet? We loved it! Grab your digital copy today or if you’re a physical copy kind of person, you can pick that up in about a week.
While on the #ThorRangnarokEvent trip we were given a super special treat to check out all the Halloween Time fun at Disneyland including a dinner in Cars Land to celebrate the release of Cars 3 on Digital and Blu-ray. I told you all about the fun Halloween Time events at Disneyland earlier this year. Cars Land is definitely the biggest new addition. They celebrated for the first time this year and I LOVE all the details.
Haul-O-Ween Cars Land fun facts!
Do you love Cars Land too? Here are some fun facts about all the new things to see/hear/eat in Cars Land until 10/31
- Cars wear their favorite “car-stumes” for Haul-O-Ween – Mater dresses up as a “van-pire,” Lightning is a super hero, Cruz Ramirez is a pirate, Red the Fire Truck is a clown and DJ is a punk rocker.
- Sha-BOO! – This Haul-O-Ween, Cars Land is taken over by supernatural spirits each evening for a haunting Sha-BOO! Sheriff’s voice arrives on the scene to return the town to order and welcome guests to Radiator Screams.
- Trunk-or-Treating Tunes – The background music in Cars Land features a new lineup of kooky Halloween-inspired songs.
- Scary the Scare-car – Greeting guests as they enter Radiator Screams is another new addition: Scary the Scare-car. Guests hear the story about how Scary came to be while riding Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
- A Creepy, Crawly Cruiser – Spinning a web of mayhem at Flo’s V8 Cafe is a “terrifying” Spider-car. Guests need not fear though, since this eight-legged friend is available for photos. The Haul-O-Ween designers repurposed a “Toadmobile” from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride for this unique experience.
- Zombie Car Effect – An out-of-service car with an undead battery refuses to “rust in peace” as it attempts to come back to life in front of Lizzie’s Radiator Springs Curios. Contrary to popular rumor, these are not the remains of her beloved Stanley.
- Sarge’s Pump–kin Patch – Sarge is growing a patch of seasonal pump-kins. He plans on gifting these gas cans on a vine to his neighbor, Fillmore, to make some “organic fuel.”
- Fillmore’s Yard Art – Fillmore, the resident free spirit of Radiator Screams, adds his artistic touch to the Haul-O-Ween season. His most prominent piece is a wacky, kinetic sculpture: a spinning mobile of “jack-oil-lanterns.”
- Witchy Miss Lizzie – Flying over Cadillac Range is Old Witchy Miss Lizzie. Her curiosity shop, now appearing as if it belongs to a vintage witch, specializes in special Haul-O-Ween Boo-veniers!
- Disorder in the Court – Strange things are brewin’ over at the old courthouse. A mad scientist has hooked up jumper cables, giving the old building new life (with moving eyes in the window).
- Horn-O-Plenty – This mysterious artifact was unearthed on Haul-O-ween Night in 1936. Every year the residents of Radiator Screams bring it back to its rightful home and adorn it with seasonal gifts.
- Mater’s Junkyard JamBOOree’s New Tunes – The tractors are spinning to new versions of beloved Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree songs as well as Haul-O-Ween-inspired parodies of Monster Mash by Bobby “Boris” Pickett (Monster Truck Smash) and Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley (Purple Fender Bender).
- Luigi’s Favorite Holiday – Luigi and Guido never celebrated Haul-O-Ween before moving to Radiator Springs. Now it’s their favorite holiday, and they’re inviting the cousins to come celebrate for the first time. Their “Terror-antella” tells the story of Luigi and Guido building the town’s beloved Scare-Car, Scary.
- Ramone’s House of Body Art– While not part of Haul-O-Ween, Ramone is celebrating Day of the Dead at his detailing shop. Newly painted hoods, marigolds and a sugar car (named Sugar) decorate the outside. Inside, Ramone has built an ofrenda to celebrate the life of the town’s good friend, Doc Hudson. Items celebrating the life and career of the old racecar are on display.
- Brake’s Motel – Sally seasonally creates a themed miniature model of the Cozy Cone Motel out of seasonal candy displayed for all to see. It is on display in the lobby of the Cozy Cone Motel.
- Spiders – Guests will find 30 car-achnids lurking around Radiator Screams!
- Frightfully fun food and beverage – A tempting menu of Halloween food and beverage is available throughout Cars Land, including Car-achnid Pot Pie, Grape “Ghoul”-ant Shake and Mini Candy Cone Pie (Flo’s V8 Cafe); Vampire Mater Bread (Fillmore’s Taste-In); and Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone and a Spoke-y Cone Macaron filled with marshmallow buttercream and candy corn (Cozy Cone Motel). Cozy Cone Motel also serves Junkyard JamBOOree Mix – flavored popcorn with optional “nuts and bolts” (green M&M’s, candy corn, chocolate-covered pretzels, Boston baked beans and more).
Nearby after 5pm the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction turns into “Monsters After Dark” with a brand new song made just for the attraction. It’s SO much fun and I definitely recommend riding during the day and then again at night when it turns into Monsters After Dark.
In addition to all the fun in Cars Land and CA Adventure, Disneyland is celebrating as usual and I got to experience my favorite Halloween/Holiday attraction – the Haunted Mansion Holiday!
Maximize Your Fun
Disney MaxPass is an awesome new service that started earlier this year at Disneyland. We tried it out on our last trip (this trip we had our own tour guide!!!) and really loved how we were able to maximize our day. For $10 (per ticket) you get a photo pass (so you can have Disneyland photographers take photos OR get your ride photos and you can download/print however many you want) and the ability to schedule your FASTPASS right on your phone without having to run to the attraction.
Once you book your fast pass it tells you when you can book your next one. I just made a reminder on my phone and we were able to get in MANY more fast passes than we usually do. The photo pass alone made it totally worth it.
Cars Land Movie Night Inspiration
Visiting Cars Land at Disneyland is always inspiring! Several bloggers from our group have some fun inspiration for your Cars 3 movie night.
Cars Land Halloween Shirt via Desert Chica
DIY Trunk or Treat Shirt via My Crazy Good Life
Cozy Cone Spooky Cookies via Desert Chica
Candy Cone Cream Pie via See Vanessa Craft
Cars 3 Party Popcorn via No Guilt Life
Poppin Tires Popcorn via My Un-Entitled Life
Spoke-y Halloween Krispie Treats from Mom Endeavors
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!