This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EarthDayDriveAway #CollectiveBias
Now that I have one teen getting his permit NEXT MONTH, he’s in charge of helping with the cars more than ever. We are doing whatever we can to raise our boys to be independent, know how to take care of their car, know what to look for, how to look things up, and know when to ask for help. Since we love to take road trips often, we started making sure that each time we leave we are involving the boys in the things we check over on our SUV.
The first thing we look at is when the next oil change is. We always make sure they are done regularly and it’s always first on our list to check before a road trip. Even though we usually take it in, we want our boys to know how to do one so we figured it was time before our last trip. Walmart carries several great Mobil 1™ synthetic oil products to choose from. They protect more than just your engine and require fewer oil changes which reduces oil consumption and less waste oil. To find the right type of oil for your car just check out this oil selector tool from Walmart. You can also get your oil changed right at Walmart in the Auto Care Center with Mobil 1™ motor oil if you don’t want to do it yourself at home.
Road Trip Ready Checklist
Here’s our basic car “road trip ready” checklist (besides a checkup with an auto center if needed) that we had the boys go over with us:
- Check the oil/change the oil
- Check fluid levels
- Check air pressure (don’t forget the spare)
- Inspect the windshield wipers and replace if needed
- Make sure we have a roll of paper towels
- Check that there are extra bags for trash
- Locate the car phone charging cords
- Make sure the dogs’ travel water bowl is in the back
- Check that the emergency kit is in the car
In addition to the checklist we make sure to talk to them along the way. Ask them questions like: What would you do if…? or Why do you think we need this?…
This open conversation helps them thing of solutions to issues that might come up instead of just panicking and not knowing what do do or who to call.
Earth Day Drive Away offer
Mobil 1™ is giving Walmart customers a chance to win a Chevy Equinox, plus $10 off their next Mobil 1™ purchase at Walmart!
When you’re getting ready for your next road trip and need an oil change, head to Walmart so you can enter for a chance to win a Chevy Equinox!
There are two ways to enter:
- By purchasing 5 quarts of Mobil 1™ in the store or a Mobil 1™ oil change at the Auto Care Center
- By recycling any used oil at an Auto Care Center
As a bonus, shoppers that purchase 5 quarts of Mobil 1™ synthetic oil or a Mobil 1™ synthetic oil change at the Auto Care Center are also eligible to receive a $10 Select Certificate valid on a future Mobil 1™ purchase at Walmart. Once shoppers have made a qualifying Mobil 1™ purchase or recycled any used oil at Walmart, they can enter to win the Chevy Equinox and/or receive their $10 Walmart Select Certificate at earthdaydriveaway.com.
- Limit 2 entries in the sweepstakes per customer (1 for purchasing and 1 for recycling).
- Receipt required to receive $10 Walmart Select Certificate.
- Promotion run dates: January 15, 2018 – April 30, 2018
- Terms and conditions, FAQs, and other information can be found at earthdaydriveaway.com.
What would you add to our list?