Looking for a fun Pokémon craft to do with the kids (or make for yourself)? This one is fun for a lazy afternoon or for a party!
Who better to keep you company as you drift off to sleep than a Snorlax?! A Snorlax loves to sleep and is so big that they are usually in the way. This one can even help you see at night if you can’t quite sleep as well as he does. This lantern is as adorable in the daytime as it is lit up at night. Just add a battery operated light or, even better, a remote operated LED light and you have the perfect Pokémon companion.
What you need to make a Pokémon Snorlax lantern:
- White or cream paper lantern
- Black and Blue acrylic paint
- Paintbrush (a small one for detail and larger one for quicker painting)
- Black and blue cardstock (heavy paper)
- Battery operated candle
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Start by putting together your lantern. Most come with a metal piece to insert through the middle of the lantern to hold it open.
- Make a stand for your lantern with black cardstock. Cut 2 strips of paper the width of the page and glue together in a circular shape.
- Sketch out the Snorlax’s facial shape very lightly with a pencil. This will make painting much easier.
- Trace the shape with a thin paintbrush first with the blue paint.
- Fill in the rest of the Snorlax’s head with paint leaving the face white. (Tip: be careful not to get too much paint on your brush, paper lanterns are thin and you don’t want to add too much paint to weaken the paper).
- When the blue paint is dry, draw the facial features with your pencil and then trace over with the black paint and a thin paintbrush.
- Cut ears out of blue paper (Tip: if you don’t have blue paper just paint white paper with your blue paint).
- Fold the bottom of the ears down and attach to the Snorlax’s head with glue.
- Place the Snorlax on the stand with the battery operated candle inside.
- Enjoy your new roommate!
Isn’t he so cute?! He won’t wake up to the sound of a Poké Flute but he’ll help you out if you do! You could really make any of your favorite Pokémon into a lantern I just thought the Snorlax would make the perfect one for us! Looking for more Pokémon fun? Check out these crafts.