We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
We are an animal family. We LOVE animals of all kinds. From snakes to platypuses (what’s the plural for platypus anyway? platypi? platypus?) Our 2 dogs are a part of our family. The 2 snakes, well. I guess they are too. Oh and I almost forgot we added 2 MORE animals to our crazy household. Phineas and Ferb (the fish – I still don’t remember which one is which).
Animals are so important for so many different reasons to many families and cultures. They provide friendship, rehibilitation, safety, work, money, food, entertainment (ours entertain us on a daily basis). What would we do without our animals?
October 8 is World Animal Day A day:
- To celebrate animal life in all its forms
- To celebrate humankind’s relationship with the animal kingdom
- To acknowledge the diverse roles that animals play in our lives – from being our companions, supporting and helping us, to bringing a sense of wonder into our lives
- To acknowledge and be thankful for the way in which animals enrich our lives
I thought I’d share some fun animal crafts you can do with your kids on World Animal Day (October 8th).
Click on the picture to go to the original source and tutorial
1. Platypus from All for the Boys
2. Paper frog puppet from Family Fun
3. Elephant handprint from BusyBeeKidsCrafts
4. Bald eagle magnet from craftprojectideas.com
5. Leaf lion from atelier pour enfants
6. Cardboard tube farm animals from crafts by Amanda
7. Dino dig fossil art from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
8. Flowerpot shark from freekidscrafts.com