We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana but all tips, opinions and experiences are my own.
I spent a couple of days at the gorgeous new Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and came back with all kinds of info and tips to share with you if you’ve been thinking about visiting! You can skim through and save this article for the future or check out each of the tips before your trip.
First of all, right now you can take advantage of Sliming Savings!
Kids are included with Sliming Savings at Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana! Plus you can save up to 50% on vacations booked between now and October 21, 2016 for travel until December 22, 2017. Special rates start at $190 per person, per night for adults with kids included*. Sliming Savings is not combinable with other promotions and excludes the Pineapple and Super Pool Villas. For more information and to book, please visit www.nickresortpuntacana.com/specials.
*Two children (ages 3-12) are included when sharing a room with two adults.
Accommodations – you can read more here but here’s my basic breakdown of the rooms:
- Pad Suite – basic room (nice space) in one open area. 1 King bed + 1 pull out bed, good sized balcony.
- Swim-Up Pad Suite – same as the pad suite but you have your own “private” pool just off the balcony! The pool goes the length of the buildings but only people with the swim up rooms can go in them.
- Flat Suite – the big difference here is that you can close off the main sleeping area and the “living room”. There’s more privacy but less open room if you needed a crib.
- Swim-Up Flat Suite – same as the Flat Suite but with the pool off of your balcony.
- Swank Suite – this is similar to the flat suite but you have a larger wrap-around balcony and a private plunge pool. You also get a dining table inside the room.
- Swank Swim-Up Suite – has a wrap-around terrace access to the larger swim up pool and also has the dining table inside and outside making it feel more like a home.
- Pool Super Villa – an amazing luxurious 2 story 2 bedroom, 3 bath escape with your own private pool, outdoor shower and butler service!
- The Pineapple – you get to stay in the pineapple! Spongebob’s pineapple. Similar to the Pool Super Villa’s but with a little more Spongebob flavor (very tastefully done).
If you have 3 little kids you’ll need to book a Pad Suite, Swim-Up Pad Suite or a Pool Super Villa/The Pineapple and/or get more than one room.
Food – this is a gourmet inclusive resort so most food is included (Kitchen 23 and Doppio do have a fee) there are many restaurants to choose from and you’ll want to make reservations at some of the restaurants for dinner. There are always options but some of them will require you to make reservations to ensure a seat.
No reservation restaurants:
- Aqua Bite – this is at Aqua Nick all the others are in the main resort area
Reservations Required Restaurants (open for dinner and included in your stay):
They also have a swim up bar and a wine bar (that the kids can come in and hang out/play during the day with you) and have access to 24 hour in room dining that’s also included!
Activities – What’s really neat about this property is that each group of rooms has a concierge available to help you with anything you might need like a spot on the beach, water activities, spanish lessons, where to find the sports etc. Here are some of the things we think families will love and really take advantage of on the property
- Aqua Nick – this is the best kids water play area! Here you can play in the water playground, float along the lazy river, see fun interactive activities throughout the day (like getting slimed)! This area isn’t actually right next to the rooms it’s a little bit of a walk or call for a cart to come pick you up! This area also has character central where you can meet characters, a clubhouse/play area for supervised activities for the kids.
- Sports Hub – this is also near aqua nick and has different sport facilities (including archery which I thought was fun)
- Main pool – grab a shady spot early if you want to have a long pool day.
- Beach – yes you can walk right to the ocean and there are plenty of spots to relax including beds!
My Extra Tips:
- If you’re traveling with the kids get a swim-up room. Yes, they’ll be in the water your whole trip but it provides a spot for mom and dad to relax and the kids to play even first thing in the morning.
- I’d still bring a few snacks for the kids. If you don’t want to have to wait for room service or go and get a table at one of the restaurants you’ll want some easy to grab snacks just for a quick bite.
- Enjoy yourself – try new drinks, let the kids order from the swim up bars, eat dessert (especially at Spacewalker) check out the live music at the wine bar (without the kids) play in the water and just have FUN!
- This resort is made to facilitate a super relaxing “get away from it all” type vacation but, if you need to stay connected their wifi was good.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen.
- I actually never had to put on bug spray (I usually get eaten alive) but bring some just to be safe.
- Entering the Dominican Republic does require a $10USD Tourist Card. When I entered it didn’t really speed the process up if you had bought one ahead of time, but make sure you have some cash on you if you don’t.
- Try all the ceviche! They were all so good.
Have any more questions? Let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them! Stay tuned for a full tour of “The Pineapple” I felt like it needed it’s own post 😉