- I will gladly gather the supplies and set up the stations (along with a place to rinse off once the fun has ended)
- Each family will be asked to give $10 to cover the cost of the supplies and a small lunch for the children
- I need at least 10 people to commit before moving forward
- Creature Catch-Digging in soil to find plastic insects, bugs, lizards, snakes, etc.
- Paint a Rock-Self explanatory 🙂
- Barnyard Sensory Play-Rice filled pool with Little People Barn, plastic animals, containers to fill, handkerchiefs, and cowboy hats
- Bubble Bazaar-Pan full of bubble solution with various wands
- Marker Madness– Paper hung with available markers and stickers
We live in South Florida, so it was HOT, but you can’t keep your kids inside all summer. Crystal hosts her messy play dates in her basement, which is another great option if you don’t have carpet.
There was a lot of set up, but I will definitely do it again. It was totally worth the time, as the kids had a BLAST and it was great to chat with some of the mothers.
I am now planning a water based messy play date for July.
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!