Digital To Real Life: DIY Minecraft Sword

If your kids are as enthralled with the pixelated world of Minecraft as mine are then they will LOVE this DIY project and FREE printable. You also may want to check out our Printable Pixelated Pickaxe

I’m more of a Mario Kart, Dr. Mario type of gamer but there is no question about the popularity of Mincraft today. I knew this craft was a hit when the fighting started over who got the first sword. It’s easy and can be modified to whatever items you have on hand.

Print out the free printable (you’ll need to print 2 copies if you want the image on both sides.

Then cut out the sides where the two will meet together (I don’t cut out the whole thing just yet.

Glue down to your support (cardboard, posterboard, cereal box…) we used foam board. Make sure to glue it down well paying attention to the edges so that all the “tips” are secure.

Cut out with scissors, a box cutter or exacto knife depending on what will work best for your material.

After your sword is completely cut out you’ll need to attach the other side. Cut out your 2nd copy completely and adhere to the back side.

That’s it! You could color the edges in with black Sharpie and paint with a couple layers of Modge Podge to help it last a little longer.

How many of you have Minecraft fans?

Download the free Gold Sword Printable HERE (apparently you’re not supposed to say the word “gold” so it’s called “a Budder Sword”? I have no idea lol!

All Sword Options – click on each name to download the PDF file.

WOOD SWORD

GOLD SWORD

STONE SWORD

IRON SWORD

DIAMOND SWORD

Comments

1. says

I am unable to download these – says I can't export these – I wondered if you could email me the PDF's, my boys would love to have a go at making these this summer. Thanks

2. Sam says

These are awesome!! My boys are so excited to make these! This is seriously the best idea ever! You're a genius!!

3. Roberta says

These are awesome! I wasn't able to download the pdf, but used print preview first (to make sure my computer did not resize the images) and then was able to print them all. I'm making them for my son's 8th birthday party. He will be so excited. Thanks :)

4. Kristina says

Thank you, I will have to get on this one right away! My son is ready to do it and asked for a bow as well haha!

5. Pernille says

Hi!
    Just love the printable swords :-)
    Is it possible for you to also publish pdf files for Redstone swords and Emerald swords?? I just love the colours ….
    Thanks for a wonderful site
    Best regards

6. says

Thank you so much for sharing the printout for the minecraft swords . Making them for my grandson party !
    You are a blessing !
    Do you have the print out for the axe I think it’s called .

7. Laura says

Thank you for sharing all of these ideas. my almost 6 year old will FREAK over these swords for his upcoming minecraft birthday. great ideas, and thank you for the great pics and instructional!