We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveYourPC #CollectiveBias
I love to post about ways to “unplug” but I don’t know where we’d be without the technology we love so much. It truly has improved our lives in so many ways! Being a work at home mom (actually both my husband and I work from home) of two teenaged boys means we need an exceptionally performing PC. As soon as we read about the exceptional new performance benefits of the 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor we knew it was time to upgrade!
So why upgrade to the 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor? SO many reasons. Here are just some reasons that were high on our list and definitely worth upgrading for:
- Exceptional performance
- The ability to create, edit, and share immersive 4K, VR, and 360 content
- Perform tasks like editing photos and videos in dramatically less time
- Move swiftly between countless programs and windows; multi-task more easily (a HUGE bonus for me)
- Processing power needed to run the latest apps
- Exciting new forms of entertainment
- Theater-like entertainment at home or on-the-go with a thin and light computer that has long battery life. (We chose a laptop with 4K!)
- We can binge watch Netflix and Hulu for up to 10 hours without plugging in.
- Edit and share 4K UHD digital videos
- Better gaming experiences
- Easier to use
- Pen/Inking allows writing and erasing that flows naturally. With Windows Ink and 3D we can create, draw, and edit 3D images in photos, videos, and presentations (hello school projects!).
- Touch screen: launch a program or swipe through a document quickly. More control at your fingertips.
- Heavyweight performance without the bulk: Desktop-level performance in a new thin, light and versatile design (see which laptop/ 2-in-1 we chose)
- Security made simple
- Simple, secure payments with touch of a finger
- Built-in password and payment security features of the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor makes logging-in and online purchases on a new computer safer and simpler.
- We could lower the risk of identity theft with fingerprint recognition: Quick, secure checkout with a swipe of a finger makes online shopping a cinch.
Basically, #allthereasons right?! Parker and I had an idea of what we wanted to upgrade to but we went to Best Buy to check out our options. We ended up buying the HP – Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6″ 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop with the 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8550U mobile processor and IT. IS. AWESOME.
Parker was most excited for the 4K capabilities (see reasons below) and we both loved all the ways we can set up and use it. Of course how thin and gorgeous it is, is just icing on the cake.
10 ways we use our PC to improve our lives
- Work – This and #2 are probably the top ways a computer improves our lives. Working from home (and on the go) is incredibly important to us and having the latest in technology helps us do that to the best of our abilities!
- Memories – Memories are SO important to us as a family. Being able to take, make and store memories all on the same device makes our life easier and so much richer.
- Movies – Not only are movies the #1 thing that brings us all together each week, my son wants to work in film when he gets older. He loves having the latest (4K) technology to watch and research from!
- Games – Yes online gaming improves our lives. It’s fun sure, but it’s a great way for my boys to communicate not only with their friends but with family members as well! My 13 year old loves hopping on his Uncles live stream every Sunday. He definitely would not have that communication with him any other way.
- Research – With both boys in high school next year, having the fastest and best performing processor is super important to not only our home life but school work as well!
- Online Shopping – I am not a fan of shopping. Anything to make this experience quicker is important in my book!
- Communication – Not only do my kids communicate with their friends and family online but I do too! I love chatting with my family and co-workers throughout the day. The 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor helps me switch from chatting to working and photo editing with ease.
- Creativity – I love letting my boys explore creativity through art, music, and movies. They can do all sorts of things on our new 2-in-1 and with the addition of our pen tablet we are doing just that!
- Music – We love music and have it on most of the day. Being able to listen to music wherever, whenever AND not compromise other performance while working is huge for us.
- Travel – The ability to do ALL of this while traveling is truly the greatest gift. Keeping up to date with the 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor and our new HP Spectre x360 makes working, memory keeping, and communication while traveling so simple, which in turn, improves our lives that much more.
Have you been thinking about upgrading your device to the new 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor? DO IT! They have tons of options out there for a variety of budgets so look around and see what might work for you!