This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
This post was sponsored by T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I think I love the holidays SO much because of all the family time and traditions we have. I love spending time with my family throughout the year through travel and fun events but there’s just something about the holidays that make me realize every year that family truly is the greatest gift! Like many people we are usually very busy during the holidays so we started making Christmas Eve Eve a family night and are holding on to that tradition!
T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods also know that family is the greatest gift and they have started the Gift My Gathering contest this year to inspire people to connect and celebrate what truly matters most – each other. This holiday season, they will make it possible for FIVE families from across the U.S. to come together and celebrate at a holiday gathering! How amazing is that?! Through November 28th you can visit giftmygathering.com to tell them how we they can help you gather with the people that matter most this holiday season. They’ll then select five families from across the U.S. and make it possible for them to be together and celebrate with a custom holiday gathering. So hurry over and enter NOW! (No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Gift My Gathering is sponsored by The TJX Companies, Inc. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C. and Puerto Rico, 18 & older. Begins 8:00 a.m. ET on 11/13/17 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 11/28/17. For official rules, visit giftmygathering.com.)
My brother and I always loved Christmas Eve Eve. It always felt like the calm before the super exciting “storm” and I started really embracing the day as well with some fun family traditions. We’re already starting the season off so busy that I didn’t have time to get a new photo for Christmas cards so this is what I sent out this year lol!
If you love family time and traditions as much as us, here are some ideas and inspiration for you to turn into Christmas Eve Eve traditions with your family:
- Watch the same Christmas movie each year or a new one each year, just do it as a family!
- Bake cookies
- Wrap other family gifts
- Volunteer your time as a family
- Have a pizza night
- Take a family photo. If you’re like me, you might not have gotten many this year, so even if it’s a selfie, plan on one picture together every year!
- Play a game. We love dominoes, Shut the Box, poker, Christmas Charades…
- Buy silly Christmas shirts and play for who has to wear which one on Christmas Eve night. Wrap the gift several times, put on oven mitts and try to unwrap it while the person next to you rolls two dice trying to roll a double (or any number you select). Once they roll a double they pass the dice to the next person, put on the oven mitts and try to continue opening the gift. When the gift is open that is the shirt they have to wear. Play continues until everyone has a silly shirt to wear!
- Christmas Crackers! We buy these every year from T.J.Maxx, Marshalls or HomeGoods (it’s also where I buy most gifts and ALL of my wrapping paper)
- Take Christmas Tree pajama photos every year. We started this when the boys were 6 months and 2 years old and it is by far my FAVORITE tradition. I will treasure these photos forever!
No matter what you decide to do, take the day to relax and be with each other and really cherish the gift of family! Don’t forget to enter the Gift My Gathering contest!