We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
We have always loved October at Disneyland. Most of our family Disneyland photos came from October. It’s cooler and everyone is back in school so a bit less crowded than Summer. We had the privilege of attending Mickey’s Halloween Party this year as well and definitely plan to make it a new tradition. It was SO much fun!
I thought I’d do a fun re-cap in the form of a list of reasons to take your tween to Disneyland at Halloween Time (some are all during Halloween Time now through Oct 31, 2014) and some are during Mickey’s Halloween Party (a separate ticketed event on certain dates)
5 Reasons to Take Your Tween to Disneyland at Halloween Time
- The seasonal snacks, treats and souvenirs (plus candy and/or healthy treats at trick or treating during Mickey’s Halloween Party). There are lots of fun Nightmare Before Christmas snacks and souvenirs this time of year which is really popular with the tween/teen age group. We loved the popcorn containers (especially the Mickey Hatbox Ghost) and light up cubes for your drinks. Throw the cubes into your popcorn containers when you get home for fun Halloween decorations you can pull out each year!
- The ambiance is so cool, especially for Mickey’s Halloween Party. It still has that magical Disney feel but with added lights and fog effects. Definitely worth checking out! Plus – family time! What better way to start the holidays off right than a trip to Disneyland?! A visit to the parks and then to Mickey’s Halloween Party is a great way to spend quality time with your kids that will start to become fewer and farther in between as they get older. Going to Mickey’s Halloween party would be a fun tradition to start and a great reason to get some quality family time in each year!
- The chance to dress up and feel like a kid again for a good reason. The tween/teen age is sometimes when the Mickey ears stop, but at Mickey’s Halloween party most people have some sort of costume on so your kids can dress up without feeling embarrassed or self conscious (although they can do this everyday at Disney this gives them more of a “reason”)
- The attraction wait time! Not an advertised benefit of Mickey’s Halloween Party but we found that later in the night most rides had a 10 minute wait. Since so many were enjoying the party there were less in line for rides which made it an awesome time to run in and out of several of our favorites while checking out the Halloween fun around the park. The tween/teen age is awesome because you don’t have to worry about switching riders who are tall enough to ride or finding a place to stow the stroller!
- The Haunted Holiday Mansion and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. Both of these attractions get awesome makeovers for Halloween. We had never done the Haunted Holiday Mansion before and were all blown away by how cool it was! We went a couple of times on our last visit and definitely won’t miss it again! Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy is made a little spookier, so even more fun and impressive to older kids.
Also check out Mickey’s Halloween Party for dates/tickets that are still available (there are only 3 dates left!)
We’ll have a kid-terview up this weekend all about Halloween Time at Disneyland!
(Disclosure: We were invited to attend Disneyland and Mickey’s Halloween Party as press guests. All opinions are 100% ours.)