We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
As some of you may know we just got back from checking out Star Wars Season of the Force at Disneyland and we couldn’t wait to share our favorites with you. Since everyone seems to love lists here’s our list of 5 ways to celebrate Star Wars at Disneyland during Season of the Force. Season of the Force is a fun way to celebrate all things Star Wars and the perfect way to get even more excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens it officially starts TODAY November 16th!
First of all, my boys (ages 11 & 13) LOVED everything about the celebration. From the food to the sights to the music and attractions they were completely wowed and excited by all of it! Even if you’re not a huge Star Wars fan I think you’ll find something to appreciate during the celebration – here are 5 of our favorite things we did to celebrate during Season of the Force:
1. Hyperspace Mountain – a reimagined Space Mountain
- This is what we were most excited about and it did NOT disappoint! You are thrusted through the galaxy into an X-wing Starfighter battle. There is a new (amazing) soundtrack that was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra! Check out our YouTube video to see our full ride experience and see the changes for yourself!
- One note I couldn’t leave out – when we got off the attraction we felt like the track was totally re-done (it wasn’t) and we knew instantly that they did an amazing job! Don’t miss this one!
2. Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – a new scenes for Star Tours
- With the new film coming out, a new destination and new favorite characters have been added to your Starspeeder 1000 adventure on Star Tours. Without giving away too much, we did spot our favorite new character! It was SO good!
3. Star Wars Launch Bay – a central location to celebrate all things Star Wars (this is in the former Innoventions building)
- Awesome character encounters – You can choose to join the dark side and come face to face with Darth Vader or the light side where you step into a makeshift Rebel base and meet Chewbacca!
- Launch Bay Theater – a video where you can hear from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga through interviews.
- The Cantina – where you can explore and take photos near elements of the cantina such as a holochess game table.
- Game Center – check out the newest video games AND exclusive Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box levels.
- Themed Galleries – check out the Dark Side or the Light and see Stormtrooper armor, Sith lightsabers, rebel flight helmets, Jedi lightsabers, replicas of props and costumes from Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the preview gallery as well as starships and pilots in the Starship Gallery.
- Launch Bay Cargo – you can purchase some amazing high end artifacts or personalized D-Tech on Demand mobile device cases.
4. Star Wars Path of the Jedi – Luke Skywalkers Journey to Becoming a Jedi
- In Tomorrowland theater you can watch a really great video (with some special effects) that puts together some of your favorite scenes from all the Star Wars films (including Star Wars: The Force Awakens) in an entirely new way and truly reminds you why you love the Star Wars world so much.
5. The Galactic Grill – a great spot to refuel
- With a dark side and a light side menu you can choose foods inspired by Star Wars! For breakfast you can get a blue corn Darth Tamale or for lunch/dinner a First Order Specialty Burger (angus beef and chorizo patty topped with fried cherry peppers and spicy lime aioli on a dark bun).
- There are fun new collectible sippers and containers here as well as fun drinks with a light up Death Star or Millennium Falcon depending on which one you choose.
- The allergy menu is all ready to go as well (and the gluten free Cheese 3PO burger and fries definitely hit the spot for me).
- Pizza Port will also have some Star Wars Inspired menu items!
Here’s a peek at the allergy friendly menu (you can still speak to a chef). This is just part of the front, the back as more (like dairy free).
Starting December 8th you’ll also be able to check out a reimagined battle experience at the Jedi Training with new characters!
If you are visiting on a busier day come check out our 10 things to do on a busy Disneyland day!
What are you excited to check out at Season of the Force?