We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
The Disneyland 60th Anniversary has been anticipated in this house for quite a while (since last year I think!) one of our favorite new additions to the park is the fireworks spectacular ‘Disneyland Forever,’ which is SO much more than fireworks. ‘Disneyland Forever’ mixes pyrotechnics, innovative projection mapping technology, special effects, gorgeous music (including something new written by Richard M. Sherman) nostalgia and emotions into an amazing experience.
After I had the pleasure of speaking with Steve Davidson (Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment) I realized that one viewing of ‘Disneyland Forever’ wouldn’t be enough! There are so many amazing spots to take in the experience which makes it all the more fun to see again and again.
That said, here are MY top picks (in no particular order) for some of the best places to watch ‘Disneyland Forever’ from around the Disneyland Resort so if you are on an extended vacation you can try out a few and let me know which is YOUR favorite!
- In front of Sleeping Beauty Castle – A favorite spot for any of the fireworks spectaculars from years past this is still a great spot to catch so much of the magic including seeing Walt Disney himself projected right in front of you onto the castle.
- The middle of Main Street USA – This is an amazing spot to be immersed into the story while still having a great view of the castle.
- The end of Main Street USA – A really cool experience to see Main Street immersed in lights and special effects while your eyes are still drawn to the fireworks at the end of the street above the castle.
- Near the Matterhorn (especially if you have Nemo fans) – I wanted to run to the Matterhorn when I first saw it being transformed into the fiery peak of Mt. Wannahockaloogie. SO very cool!
- Near It’s a Small World – The new show gives It’s a Small World an awesome part of the experience and the fireworks feel so different from this side of the park!
- Along the Rivers of America – Mist screens allow for some specially designed digital projections that truly allow almost the entire park to be immersed into ‘Disneyland Forever’.
Obviously you can’t be in all these places at once, so I recommend trying a few out on your next trip!