This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
Planning a Disney Parks visit can be so much fun. There are many things to add to your “to do” list for each of Walt Disney World’s unique parks so while on my latest visit during the #ZootopiaEvent I thought I’d put together a list to help you get yours started! (Ok I’m making this list for me too because some of it is brand new and/or starting soon)
- Kilimanjaro Safari – The safari is definitely something you won’t want to miss. You feel like you’re really on a safari and will get up close with lots of amazing wildlife. Even better? Soon you’ll get to experience the safari AT NIGHT!
- New Nighttime Experiences – to make the spring/summer evenings even more magical, Animal Kingdom will be opening up to fantastic experiences at night. Rivers of Light – “After the sun sets, guests will gather waterside for the majestic nighttime jewel, “Rivers of Light.” This illuminating musical experience celebrates the magic of animals and humans and the natural world with a blend of performers, floating lanterns and theatrical animal imagery.”, Tree of Life Awakenings, Harambe Wildlife Parti, AND you can’t miss experiencing Expedition Everest or Kali River Rapids after dark!
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch – I missed doing this with the boys and after seeing it this trip, I’m so bummed that they didn’t get to experience it. The Conservation Station is a really cool area with animal cams that you can control, nutrition window, science center and my favorite a look into the veterinary treatment room where they’re actually checking up on animals! Right now you can even get a peek at some fun Zootopia facts and info!
- Food – don’t forget to eat! Tusker House is one of my favorite spots to eat at Walt Disney World and you can even take photos with your favorite original characters like Mickey dressed in his safari best. There are new offerings at the Harambe Market and a new table service experience at Tiffins will be opening this spring!
- Learn – It’s tough to leave Animal Kingdom without learning something, but try to soak in as much fun new information as possible! Besides the Conservation Station, the Maharajah Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest Exploration Trail are two of my favorite places to learn. The Lion Guard Adventure is a fun new way for the little ones to get involved! If you have the opportunity to take one of the special tours definitely DO IT! It’s a fantastic way to learn a ton and is sure to be an experience you won’t forget. I had the opportunity to do the Backstage Tales tour and it was so neat to learn about all the work and care that goes into taking care of the animals in (and even around) Animal Kingdom!
- Take in a Show – To me, one of the biggest things people miss (and one of the reasons that the admission price is still a deal to me) is the world class entertainment. You’re basically getting a chance to see several Broadway style shows that are perfect for families (have you priced one of those lately). There is incredible live entertainment around the park but you should also plan to see Finding Nemo the Musical or Festival of The Lion King (yes, even with older kids). They are both SO good and a great way to start a love of the stage, take a break from walking around and have a little fun with the family.
- Ride – You can’t forget the rides! Expedition Everest and Dinosaur were two of my boys’ favorites from all of Walt Disney World. There are also plenty of others to take in as well, but you could also just ride Expedition Everest 6 times in a row like my boys.
This was just a little list to get you started. The best part about the parks is that there are so many things to do for everyone in the family so use this as a starting guide for your spring/summer visit and then add in everyone’s “must dos” from there!
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to go and check off this list! If you love watching or learning about animals, you’ll love Zootopia! It had a GREAT opening weekend and I know lots of you saw it with us this weekend. If you haven’t yet, you’re missing out but you still have a chance, it’s in theaters now!
“The modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia is a city like no other. Comprised of habitat neighborhoods like ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown, it’s a melting pot where animals from every environment live together—a place where no matter what you are, from the biggest elephant to the smallest shrew, you can be anything. But when rookie Officer Judy Hopps (voice of Ginnifer Goodwin) arrives, she discovers that being the first bunny on a police force of big, tough animals isn’t so easy. Determined to prove herself, she jumps at the opportunity to crack a case, even if it means partnering with a fast-talking, scam-artist fox, Nick Wilde (voice of Jason Bateman), to solve the mystery. Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Zootopia,” a comedy-adventure directed by Byron Howard (“Tangled,” “Bolt”) and Rich Moore (“Wreck-It Ralph,” “The Simpsons”) and co-directed by Jared Bush (“Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero”)”
For more information, check out the website at http://movies.disney.com/