This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
80+ blog buddies and I got together to bring you 80+ DIY Halloween costumes, including this DIY Baymax Costume (2 different ways)! I’m teaming up with Jamie Dorobek and her handmade Halloween costume site, Really Awesome Costumes to bring you all kinds of easy DIY Halloween costume ideas.
Along with our Baymax costume I’m sharing 88+ more really awesome handmade costume ideas from talented bloggers everywhere!
We often make fun costumes using solid tshirts, shorts/pants, paper and duct tape. I love combining these materials to get lots of different looks!
For suited up Baymax you’ll need a red shirt, pants/shorts, purple duct tape, red paper, white paper, elastic string and a black marker. For the shirt “plate” I covered a self healing mat with duct tape (I LOVE using these mats to cut duct tape because you can stick it on and it comes right back off).
Using a ruler and craft knife, trim to shape.
Peel off and stick to the shirt
For the mask you could go quite a few directions. We decided to use a paper mask and used this template from Happy Thought.
Use this template to cut a mask out of red paper. I made mine a bit larger than the template I printed. Fold and secure with glue.
Next, sketch and cut out the “horns”
I decided to attach these with staples but will cover the staples with duct tape circles to protect their heads.
Using whatever you have lying around, cut 2 circles out of duct tape using the self healing mat technique.
Next we’re making the eye cutout, just trace the shape on a piece of white cardstock and cut out.
Trace small circles for the black eyes with a line in between.
I always try to use a person to figure out where eye holes go by having them put the mask on and drawing a small hole where their eyes are. Cut out the eyes in the red part of the mask a bit bigger than the eye holes in the white part.
And the mask is done!
I punched small holes behind the ears and reinforced with a bit of duct tape for the elastic string.
For the white Baymax just repeat the steps for the mask using white cardstock and draw the eyes right on. You could stuff a shirt with a pillow for some extra padding 😉
Hairy Baby! (have you seen the Big Hero 6 trailer?)
And now it’s time for tons more DIY Halloween costume inspiration! Join in on the BLOG HOP! Click on the links below each collage to get the detailed instructions about how to make the costume pictured, just like mine above. Don’t forget to follow the Handamde Halloween Costumes Pinterest Board for even more DIY costume greatness!
1. Handmade Baby Hamburger Costume
2. DIY Baby Game Boy Costume
3. DIY Minecraft Steve Costume
4. Football Brothers Halloween Costumes with DIY Pads and Onesie
5. Star Trek Halloween Costume for Kids
6. A Bee and Her Keeper
7. No Sew Magician Costume
8. Flint Lockwood Costume
10. Marty McFly
11. Princess Wedding Dress Costume
12. Handmade Lalaloopsy Doll Costume
13. Homemade Toothless Costume
14. DIY Mermaid For Less Than $20 (No-Sew Option)
15. Easy Tinker Bell Costume
16. Mario and Luigi Go Kart Costumes
17. Dog The Bounty Hunter and Beth
18. Family Monsters University Costumes
19. Scooby Doo family costumes
20. DIY Storm Cloud Costume
21. Cheap and Easy DIY Spider Costume
22. Easy Tin Man Costume
23. No Sew Bee Costume
24. Planet Halloween Costumes
25. DIY Cheshire Cat Costume
26. DIY Instagram Board
27. Elsa crown
28. Dog Collar Ruffles
29. DIY Pineapple Baby Costume
30. DIY Lego Movie Costume
31. Weeping Angel Costume
32. Disney Planes Costume: Dipper
33. Easy Pirate Costume
34. Easy Costume Idea – Renaissance Girl
35. 10 Minute Homemade Jellyfish Costume
36. DIY Cat Costume
37. Lucy And Ricky Costumes
38. Easy Frozen Costumes
39. Easy Greek Goddess Costume
40. DIY Family Willy Wonka Costumes
41. DIY No Sew Maleficent Costume
42. No Sew Pineapple Halloween Costume
43. Graveyard Bean Bag Toss: Trunk or Treat Car Costume
44. DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Costumes
45. DIY Raccoon Costume with Printable Mask
46. Easy WildStyle Lego Movie Costume
47. Simple Hello Kitty Costume
48. No Sew Minnie Mouse Costume
49. DIY Inspector Gadget and Penny Costumes
50. DIY Frozen Elsa Dress Baby Edition
51. Fairy Princess Dog Costume
52. DIY Hashtag Halloween Costume
53. Toddler or Baby Egg Costume
54. Easy No Sew Olaf Costume
55. DIY Baymax Costume
56. DIY Tooth Fairy Costume
57. Baby Short Stack Pancake Costume
58. Elephant and Piggie Halloween Costumes
59. Instagram Halloween Costume
60. Peter Pan & Mr. Smee Halloween Costume
61. Wildstyle Costume from the Lego Movie
62. Fred and Wilma Couples Costume
63. Viking Family Costumes
64. DIY Cruella de Vil Costume for a child
65. Disney Frozen Olaf Halloween Treat Bucket
66. How to Make a Minecraft Steve Head
67. DIY Harry Potter Costume
68. DIY Duck Dynasty Costumes
69. No Sew Cupcake Baker Halloween Costume
70. DIY Skunk Mask
71. Ghostbusters Proton Pack DIY
72. Frozen Anna Costume Tutorial
73. Candy Corn Costume
74. Paw Patrol Halloween Costume
75. No Sew Toothless Dragon Costume
76. DIY Robot Costume
77. Wonder Woman Costume
78. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Costume
79. Thrifted Gentleman Spy DIY Halloween Costume
80. DIY Boy Garden Gnome Costume
81. Group Costume: Bob Ross, Happy Tree, & Squirrel
82. DIY Blues Brothers Costumes
83. Snow White Costume
84. Peacock Princess Costume
85. Scarecrow Costume
86. Easy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
87. Handmade Teddy Bear Costume
88. Princess Elsa and the Spy Kid
89. DIY Baby Koala costume
What handmade costume ideas did you love the most?! Be sure to click over to get the costume instructions, pin the costume, and let them know you love it! Also, follow the Handmade Halloween Costume board on Pinterest!
(Visited 387 times, 46 visits today)