If you missed all the fun earlier this year I attended the red carpet premier of The BFG in Hollywood! I interviewed some of the cast and amazing talent like Steven Spielberg! I also saw the movie a couple times (including taking my family when I got home) and fell in love with it a little more each time. The BFG is officially out Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and Disney Movies Anywhere today!
*Post contains affiliate links.
If you missed this film in theaters definitely think about picking up a copy. SUCH a cute story even if you didn’t ever read the Roald Dahl book.
On the different “The BFG” movie formats you can check out:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- Bringing “The BFG” to Life – Ruby Barnhill (Sophie) hosts a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of “The BFG.” This behind-the-scenes documentary details the film’s progression through interviews with Roald Dahl’s daughter Lucy Dahl, screenwriter Melissa Mathison, executive producers Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Kristie Macosko Krieger, and numerous members of the talented cast and crew.
- The Big Friendly Giant and Me – Sophie wasn’t the first “bean” in Giant Country—many illustrations were created as if drawn by a little boy who was there long before Sophie. This charming, in-world short will bring the drawings to life with animation and narration, recounting the friendship and the dreams shared between the boy and the Big Friendly Giant.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG – A whoopsey-splunkers tutorial on the meaning of the gloriumptious gobblefunk in “The BFG.”
- Giants 101 – Jemaine Clement (Fleshlumpeater) and Bill Hader (Bloodbottler) introduce us to the loathsome giants in “The BFG,” along with movement choreographer/motion capture performer Terry Notary, who collaborated with the actors and Director Steven Spielberg prior to filming to develop their movements and character traits.
- Melissa Mathison: A Tribute – An homage to Melissa Mathison, the extraordinary, Oscar®-nominated screenwriter of “The BFG” and “E.T.,” whose talent and heart were as immense as the giants in “The BFG.”
- John Williams: Scoring A Dream – A journey through the film’s concept art and memorable moments, interwoven with the sights and sounds of legendary composer John William’s scoring session.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG and Melissa Mathison: A Tribute
The Gobblefunk special is my boys’ favorite although they loved the tribute to Melissa Mathison too!
If you haven’t read the book or know someone who hasn’t, grab a copy, print out some bookmarks and pair it with the Blu-ray for a perfect gift! This would work great for any book-to-movie combo.I have lots of other fun printables as well and the boys’ original review of the film.
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!