What’s better than a snack you can play with?! These Easy Easter Pudding Cups are as fun to make and put together as they are to eat! Have the kids pick out candy and treats based on what “scenes” they want to create on their cups. They are simple, festive, fun and really can be adjusted for any allergy needs you might have in your family.
I would make these as close to the time you’re planning to eat them as possible, but you could make ahead (the cookies won’t be as crunchy the longer you wait). You could also use a traditional pudding recipe, just make sure to leave plenty of time for it to cool before continuing.
- 4 clear plastic 9 oz. cups
- 1 3.9 oz box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 12 chocolate filled cookies (filling removed) crushed
- 4 marshmallow bunnies
- 4 ripe strawberries
- Orange melting waffers
- Egg candies
- Make pudding according to package directions and evenly distribute between four plastic cups.
- Place in refrigerator and chill until set (about 5 mins.)
- Prepare strawberries by washing and drying. Melt orange wafers/candy melts in double broiler or in microwave. Stir until melted. Dip strawberries up to the green stems. Lay on wax or parchment paper to harden. (about 10 mins.) Add leftover melted candy to a sandwich size ziplock bag. Snip the end off and make stripes across strawberries to look like carrots. Let set a few more mins.
- Place chocolate cookies (minus the filling) in a ziplock bag and roll them with a rolling pin until crushed.
- Sprinkle crumbled cookie mixture on top of pudding cups, add a marshmallow bunny, one strawberry “carrot”, and a few candy eggs.
Aren’t they just the cutest! There are so many different candy options available these days that you can really have some fun with these.
Pin for later!