We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Buy your Galanz Microwave now in-store at Walmart, Walmart.com or Walmart Pickup!
Blog post sponsored by Galanz Americas. All opinions are my own.
One of the biggest struggles of both teens virtual schooling from home is keeping them fed. So. Much. Food! They are pretty good about reheating prepared food or making their easy regular recipes but we’ve been working on adding some new easy recipes to their repertoire. Thinking ahead to their college days, I want to make sure they have a good amount of good microwave recipes on hand. Not only are they perfect for after school snacks, they will be able to re-create them in a dorm room as long as they have their Galanz Microwave from Walmart. This easy, high protein oatmeal recipe tastes almost like a peanut butter chocolate cookie but is so much more filling. It’s a perfect teen or college student microwave recipe for before school, during virtual school, or as a hearty after school snack.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN OATS IN THE MICROWAVE
While my teens can cook meals on the stove or bake them in the oven, they rarely do because time is valuable when you’re 16 and 17. I wanted to encourage my boys to still make a hot meal even when they’re short on time. We recently got a Galanz ExpressWave 1.1Cu.Ft. Microwave from Walmart and it has all the technology we could want in a microwave for a family of teens (who will soon be off to college) with a great price point and even easier to shop since you can get it in-store at Walmart, on Walmart.com, or my favorite, Walmart pickup.’
We got the smaller 1.1 cubic foot version but they also have a larger 1.4 cubic foot version as well! I LOVE that it has sensor cooking and sensor reheating so that the boys can reheat or cook their snacks and meals without the outside being burning hot and the inside still being cold!
To make these delicious protein oats all they have to do is mix in your ingredients, choose the sensor cooking setting for oatmeal, and start the microwave. No babysitting necessary and they come out great every time!
Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Oatmeal
- Galanz Microwave
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix together oats, protein powder, peanut butter powder and water in a microwave save bowl
- Place bowl in microwave and choose the sensor cooking option for oatmeal on your Galanz Microwave
- Once cooked, allow to sit for a minute
- Optional: top with peanut butter and chocolate chips
MICROWAVE SNACK IDEAS FOR TEENS
If you’re looking for other snack ideas here are some that we have on frequent rotation at our house:
- Baked potato loaded with leftovers (meat, cheese, veggies, etc.)
- Popcorn (toppings optional)
- Frozen pizza/snacks
- Mug cakes
- Macaroni and cheese
- Warmed up apple slices drizzled with caramel, chocolate, peanut butter…
- Warmed tortilla with melted butter topped with cinnamon & sugar
Don’t forget about your microwave! It can definitely make a variety of really great, filling after school or late-night snacks. Buy your Galanz Microwave now in-store at Walmart, Walmart.com or Walmart Pickup!