We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
My 13 year old and I went to a media preview of Solo: A Star Wars Story and we have our tickets to see it again with the whole family TONIGHT! I know how much you all love some freebies too so I have some awesome printable activity and coloring pages plus some fun facts about the film.
Solo: A Star Wars Story Personal Review
“Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.”
I had SO much fun watching this movie and I can’t wait to see what the rest of my family thinks. I think it’s important to remember when this film is taking place in the Star Wars world we know when you’re watching it. It feels different than the originals but with some familiarities. The characters were my favorite part (and I totally consider the Millenium Falcon a character even though it is a ship) and I thought that they felt authentic to the story while being a younger version of themselves.
It’s action packed, fun, familiar while being different, and of course – Chewie! It was different than I thought it would be but in a good way.
If you’re a mom wondering if you kiddo can see it – if they’ve seen the others, they should be just fine for this one. It is PG-13 so always keep that in mind.
Solo: A Star Wars Story Printable Activities and Printable Coloring Pages
Looking for some printable activities or coloring pages for your Solo: A Star Wars Story party or just for something fun to do? We’ve got some fun ones for you!
This free printable pack comes with a
- word search
- crack the code
- asteroid field maze
- follow the path
- 5 coloring pages
Solo: A Star Wars Story Fun Facts
My boys always appreciate some fun movie facts, so here are some we loved learning about Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Han’s speeder is dressed with items as diverse as a Morris Minor bonnet hinge, a set of baguette warmers and a re-fuelling nozzle from a Vickers VC10 aircraft.
- For stunt work, two of Han’s speeders were built on a custom-built chassis with a V8 engine, allowing them to reach over 100 mph!
- There is a real air intake from a helicopter incorporated into the Moloch vehicle grille design.
- During the kit-bashing process, as part of the skiff design, parts of Anakin’s podracer were used on the concept model. When this model was scaled-up, these design details were also scaled up and can be seen on the finished vehicle.
- The interior Millennium Falcon set on C stage took three months to build. It is the largest interior Falcon set ever made on any Star Wars film due to the addition of new areas.
- On the Interior Millennium Falcon cockpit set, rear projection screens have been utilized so that the actors can see and react to pre-designed animations flying and entering hyperspace!
- Six Eyes is the most sophisticated mechanical head ever produced. It has 50 servos inside the head with on-board intelligence.
- This is the first film to feature Chewbacca in a lead role, so to achieve this level of onscreen action, production produced eight suits and 10 heads.
- There are 25 pairs of the iconic gold dice that hang in the Millennium Falcon. Three of these were made by Tiffany.
- An R2 unit was turned into a BBQ fire pit for one of the scenes.
- In Dryden’s yacht there are display cabinets, and among all of the treasures in them are some that might be recognized from another film franchise: “Indiana Jones.” There are the Sankara Stones from “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,” the fertility idol from “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and also the Holy Grail itself.