This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
This Samsung Galaxy S9+ shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AdvanceWithSamsungGS9 #CollectiveBias
Do you love to travel and want some new phone or camera technology to take along with you? We recently got our hands on a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and all of us are geeking out! The camera, the sound, the ease of sharing media with each other, the live translation – it really is all amazing & the perfect travel companion!
WHY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S9+ IS GREAT FOR TRAVEL
There are many things that I look for when deciding on new tech to purchase. I think most of all it has to be versatile. I look for tech that can do MANY things (with one device) and do them well. The Samsung Galaxy S9+ was really overhauled technologically. My favorite improvement has to be the camera!
A camera is the piece of equipment I use the most when traveling and the camera on my phone is convenient and almost always out and ready to shoot. The new camera features on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ really did impress me.
FAVORITE CAMERA FEATURES ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S9+ FOR TRAVEL
So what makes the camera on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ so great for travel?
- Dual Aperture lens (brand new on the Samsung Galaxy S9+) – the first thing I wanted to play with when I got my hands on this phone! If you’re not familiar with what an aperture is, it basically lets the camera adapt to light like the human eye. It’s like the camera’s pupil that can get bigger or smaller depending on the amount of light available. This allows you to capture gorgeous crisp images in bright daylight and in super low light. I LOVE how this camera handles low light.
- Ability to capture sharp low light images – this deserves a mention all it’s own since it really is such a superior feature!
- Super Slow-mo + GIF creation – right in the camera you can switch to Super Slow-Mo mode and capture amazing video that you can then set to music or EASILY turn into a gif and we know everyone is all about those gifs lately! Such a fun and different way to share your adventures.
- Live Translation – right from your camera app you can access live translation of signs/images while you’re traveling. Seriously. It’s such a futuristic feature that’s SUCH an amazing tool for International travelers! My boys can’t wait to use it this week at the museum.
- Food Mode – I love the food mode option on this phone. It adds a gaussian blur around your subject (or you can turn it off) and adjusts to take a great food photo no matter where you are.
- Other Camera Modes – If you like to play with manual settings the Pro mode is for you (my favorite) but there’s also panorama, live focus, hyperlapse, and you can have SO much fun with the new AR Emoji feature.
OTHER FEATURES THAT MAKE THE SAMSUNG Galaxy S9+ GREAT FOR TRAVEL
Ok, so obviously I think the camera on this phone is an amazing travel companion, but what other features make it a good choice for travelers?
- Entertainment – whether you’re sitting on a plane, in the car on a road trip, or on mass transit, or in your hotel room, you will always be entertained with the Samsung Galaxy S9+. The edge to edge screen is absolutely STUNNING and combined with the Dolby Atmos sound on stereo speakers tuned by AKG giving you a theater-like audio experience, it’s like having a traveling movie theater. My teens love the headphones that come with it too when having to watch movies on the go.
- Data protection – Samsung Knox is built into the phone from the chip up to make the Samsung Galaxy S9+ secure all the way to the core. It also contains convenient technology that combines face recognition AND iris scanning and can identify you in bright sunlight, low light, or even if you’re wearing sunglasses making it easy for only you to get access. You can choose to gain access with a look, a tap, a pattern, or a PIN depending on your preference.
- Water Resistance – The Samsung Galaxy S9+ has an IP68 rating which is based on test conditions for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. (You should always rinse residue/dry if wet.)
- Expandable Memory – It’s important to have PLENTY of memory while traveling so I love the option of expanding with a (purchased separately) microSD card for up to 400GB of total storage.
- Ease of Sharing Content – You can easily share photos and videos you’ve made by syncing your devices through your Samsung Account. This makes it simple to share photos and videos along the way.
All of these features together combine to make a truly stunning, versatile, and incredibly useful piece of technology. Not to mention you can even personalize the look of your phone by choosing one of 3 colors – my boys picked out Midnight Black for me but I was eyeing that Coral Blue!
SAMSUNG GALAXY S9+ deals AT COSTCO
I LOVE shopping at Costco and purchasing a phone there was a breeze on my last trip! To purchase, no matter which carrier you use, just locate the wireless center at your local Costco.
Check out this site for even more Samsung Galaxy S9+ for inspiration.