Can you believe it’s been 25 years since we first sang “Tale as Old as Time”?! Disney’s epic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast returns to Blu-ray with the release of Beauty and the Beast The 25th Anniversary Edition, the original animated classic. To celebrate we’re mixing up some of Lefou’s Brew for a movie night!
Post contains affiliate links
You can bring home your copy of Beauty and the Beast The 25th Anniversary Edition on September 2oth!
The bonus features include:
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration – Get a front-row seat for an intimate discussion between legendary music composers from classic and future Disney films, including Alan Menken (“Beauty and theBeast,” “Aladdin”), Stephen Schwartz (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Pocahontas”), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”), Robert Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming “Moana”). Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced “Beauty and the Beast” and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast – Long before “Beauty and the Beast” became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle – The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in “Beauty and the Beast” and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions – Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast – Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- “Beauty and The Beast” Sneak Peek – An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and theBeast,” which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
DIGITAL HD & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include over five hours of bonus material, such as an alternate version of “Be Our Guest” and the “Beauty and the Beast” music video performed by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, and deleted scenes.
Our favorite is the 25 fun facts! So much fun to learn little facts and explore more than just the film itself. It’s definitely worth getting and adding to your collection! We were especially excited to watch it again since Colton recently played Gaston in a theater production of Beauty and the Beast Jr.
On our last trip to Walt Disney World we HAD to stop by Gaston’s Tavern and try some LeFou’s Brew.
The boys loved it. It’s no-sugar added frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow, topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam. We do a quick and easy version at home.
- 2 -12oz cans of frozen no-sugar added apple juice concentrate
- 12 oz cold water
- 3 TBSP Toasted Marshmallow Syrup
Blend ingredients quickly until combined but still nice and slushy. Serve immediately! The official version has a delicious passion fruit mango foam, but to make it easy on ourselves at home we just stick with regular whipped cream. If you wanted to make the foam you could add some passion/mango nectar to some whipped cream!
Are you a Beauty and the Beast fan?
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time as possible with her family while she can!