We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
It’s that time of the year! We love pulling gift guides together for you and this year was no different. The boys help me decide what goes in these so they definitely take some work. This guide pulls together our top picks for the year. The things we all agreed made really great gifts for different reasons (and different ages).
*Post contains affiliate links.
Here they are, what we came up with as our top picks of the year, trying to get a wide range of ages, interest and price range!
2016 Gift Guide: Top Picks
- Star Wars Force Band – big kids, little kids and adults all love using the force to play with Sphero. The Force Band works with any of the Sphero family but if you don’t have one yet the set with the battle worn BB-8 and the Star Wars Force Band is the ultimate gift for a Star Wars or robot lover.
- Melissa & Doug Coffee Set – my boys always loved pretend play toys and any of them from Melissa & Doug were always a big hit. I love this coffee set especially for those families who don’t go a morning without a cup!
- Capture the Flag Redux – it’s the game you played as a kid but even better. Play at night and the kids (and adults) won’t want to stop.
- VR Goggles – inexpensive and fun, my boys love showing their family fun VR videos from YouTube with their goggles. There are many options but definitely go with plastic ones to hold up (some places are selling cardboard ones). These are the ones we have.
- Metal Detector – a fun, useful gift for a variety of ages. Who doesn’t love treasure hunting?! This one is light and has a telescoping design for easier travel.
- Schleich Barn – for the animal lovers, the Schleich Barn comes with animals, a barn and farm accessories and tools. Always a great choice for a long lasting gift.
- LEGO Vacation Getaways 3 in 1 – any LEGO set is always a great choice. We love this vacation getaway kit for it’s price, theming and variety.
- Platform Swing – these are so much fun for several kids to play on together! An outdoor toy always makes lots of Christmas morning excitement.
- Pop Up Tent – kids love tents. Ones that store flat and pop up easily are always winners in my book. This rocket ship tent even comes with a space torch projector.
- Little People Songs & Sounds Camper – we agreed that this was our absolute favorite Little People playset out right now. A long time favorite of my boys who would have LOVED this one.
So what would be on the top of your list? You can always check out our past gift guides for more inspiration as well!