We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PilotPen4School #CollectiveBias
It’s that time of year – back to school time. My boys start back to high school in a little over a week! We’re slowly starting to think about supplies we need to get and filling up those backpacks with school necessities. It’s funny how the boys learn really quickly what they want to carry around and what they don’t. They don’t really use the lockers much at school so it ALL goes in a backpack and gets toted around school all day every day. I thought it would be fun to share what’s going in their bags this year and why.
Back to School What’s In My Bag – High School Boy Edition
The boys have developed favorites over the years and have specific items/brands they feel like they need in their backpacks. Here is what we have so far for this school year with one going into Sophmore year and one going into his Junior year.
- Binder (as few as possible)
- Notebooks – one per subject
- Black Pens – Colton requested G2® Pens by Pilot Pen. They come in four point sizes (we prefer fine) and multiple barrel styles with an extra comfortable grip and smooth writing gel ink. You can find them in 27 bright and vibrant colors but we got the 10 pack with a bonus FriXion clicker on rollback at Walmart for $9.88. G2 is the #1 Selling pen brand in America (NPD, 2018) so he’s not the only one that loves these!
- Colorful Pens – It’s always good to have different color pens for grading or projects. We started using FriXion Pens by Pilot Pen a few years ago and are obsessed! They still have smooth writing gel ink but you can actually erase it and it comes off totally clean! We got the FriXion ColorSticks 10pk Assorted (also at Walmart on Rollback for $9.88) and the boys love the color choices. We still laugh at ourselves when we erase with them and then go to brush off the paper even though theirs nothing to brush off since it erases with friction!
- Pencils when required for tests
- Small notebook – Colton also loves to pack a small waterproof notebook. He just likes writing in them and they’re perfect for study notes.
- Portable Charger
- Phone cord
- Mints and gum
- Water bottle
- Fast USB flash drive
- Snack bars
- A hat
The boys are pretty simple and as long as these things are in their bag they’re pretty much good to go for the year! I’m happy to find their favorite school supplies or brands because if they love them they’ll be that much happier to use them when school starts. Plus, you can’t help but stock up when they’re at a great price. Check these ones out at Walmart on your next trip!
Do your kids have favorite brands they always include in their backpack?