We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WelcomeToFamilyNight #PeterRabbit #CollectiveBias
Family movie nights are the BEST nights! We’ve had many over the years and have found that the success of a movie night depends on the age range and what you have prepared. If you have dinner, drinks, snacks, & an activity to do when the younger ones get antsy – you should be good to go for a successful family movie night!
Peter Rabbit just came out on Blu-ray so we picked up a copy at Walmart to add to our ever growing family movie night collection. They had a little sign up next to the popcorn that sparked a movie night with cousins idea so we went ahead and picked up some Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn (the Naturals – Simply Salted is a family favorite), and something I begged MY mom to get me for every family movie night when I was a kid – Kid Cuisine All Star Chicken Breast Nugget Meal (they come with a cookie spoon for the pudding now!).
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
Here are some tips for hosting a successful family movie night each time:
- Change up the location – outdoor movie nights are always fun. Even if you don’t have a full projector set-up, just set your tv outside! Try in Mom & Dad’s bed or in a fort with the laptop too!
- Choose a movie everyone will enjoy! Whether it’s a family movie night during the week, or celebrating a special event like Mother’s Day, Peter Rabbit is a fun choice.
- Have dinner and then snacks. Being prepared with all the food & drinks makes it so everyone can enjoy the movie. Short on time or had a long week? You can’t get easier than a Kid Cuisine meal. Kid Cuisine serves up kids’ all-time favorites, many of them with full servings of vegetables. So easy and you know you’re choosing dishes that will satisfy your kids. Then have that Orville Redenbacher popcorn ready for later. P.S. Did you know that it’s the ONLY leading brand of microwave popcorn with no Artificial Preservatives, Flavors, or Dyes in any of its products?!
- Have a game or activity ready for when kids get “the wiggles”. Having a themed activity adds to the fun of movie night and keeps everyone together enjoying the film! Check out my free printable “Find the Carrot” game below!
I think we love movie night so much because it’s a time to relax, be together, and enjoy a fun movie. I think they may be our longest running family tradition!
Printable Find the Carrot Game
Looking for a fun game to play while watching Peter Rabbit or for a Spring themed party? I’ve got it for you! With several ways to play this game is great for a wide variety of ages.
Just print the game HERE – cut out the colored carrots, bury in “dirt” or substance that looks like dirt (I used dried beans) and have the kids find the carrots & then match them to the game board.
You can time them, see who finds them all first, or just play for fun!
- Laminate the cut out carrots for longevity.
- Read the instructions on the printable for alternative ways to play – or make up your own!
- You can also just hide carrots around the yard and have a carrot “hunt”.
Family movie nights are so easy, but SO fun!