We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
As always ages can range a bit depending on the kid but here are some unique gift ideas for kids ages 5-8 whether your kids knows exactly what they want, or not.
*Post contains affiliate links.
This age can be tough because sometimes they want everything and sometimes they don’t know (or don’t care) what they get. Here are some ideas the boys and I picked out for this age group.
- Learning Carpets Marble Aim – a super fun play rug that you can shoot marbles on! This is sure to provide lots of quiet fun. Don’t forget the marbles!
- Chewbacca Electronic Mask – the infamous Chewie mask. If you didn’t get one last year, now is a great time because you can get it at a lower price!
- Zipline with Seat – kids this age love a good playground toy. You can set up this zipline in your own back yard and it has a seat to zoom across on.
- Playmobil NHL Hockey Arena – you can actually play miniature hockey with this fun playset and even customize the players with the included decals. They’ve included all 30 NHL teams – so cool!
- Giant Bubble Wand – now that they’ve grown out of the toddler stage. The older kids need bigger bubbles right?! This giant bubble wand and bubble mix makes some pretty huge bubbles!
- Fun Facts from Ripley’s – my boys loved the Ripley’s books at this age but their regular series can sometimes have some inappropriate content. This book is created just for this age range!
- Chameleon Vision Goggles – see the world just like a chameleon does with these goggles. Rotate the eyes to see in multiple directions. Perfect for your little animal or reptile lover.
- No Stress Chess – a chess game for kids wanting to learn. You can play instantly because the special game board guides you to set up your pieces and each card in the innovative deck shows you how to move the piece it pictures. Great for kids whose parents don’t know how to play.
- Geodes – whether you get a set or just pick up some geodes to break open, playing with rocks has never been more fun.
- Socker Bopper – you might have had one when you were a kid. With the bounce back action, kids can get out some energy indoors.
- Huey the Color Copying Chameleon Lamp – it changes color depending on what you set it on!
You can also check out our other gift guides from this year and the last few years for more great ideas! I try not to duplicate so there are some items we would have added here that are on our older lists!