We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
I couldn’t figure out what to call this gift guide. This one is for the kids who finally learned to love reading after finally finding a non-fiction book that interested them. Or it’s for the kids who devour the Guinness Book of World Records when it comes out each year. Kids who love figuring out how and why things work or who love observing the world around them.
I think this guide is more inspiration than guide. There may be some perfect gifts here for a kid you’re shopping for but I hope at the very least is sparks some inspiration for a gift they will love!
- Perplexus Warp – they have several versions of Perplexus but this is a gift we love to give for the kid that has everything or the kid we aren’t quite sure what to get.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not – a long time favorite of my boys. This one is the 2018 Out of this World Edition.
- Human Body Theater – a theatrical review of the body systems.
- Science Comics Coral Reefs – I just discovered this series and absolutely love it! There are many different books to choose from so check them out to see if you find one that’s perfect for your reader.
- Super Magnet Kit – always a favorite with kids, this magnet kit is fun to explore with.
- Ant Farm – Kids love watching ants do their thing inside an ant farm. Always a fun gift to give.
- Take Apart Toy Race Car – for the younger ones who can’t help but take things apart!
- Crime Catchers Spy Science Kit – kids get to solve 2 different mysteries with this fun investigative kit.
- LEGO Chain Reactions – instructions for designing and building 10 moving machines.
- Guinness World Records – another long time favorite in this house. My boys always devour these.
- Pour Taste Game – something different for the older kids. A little game of making (often disgusting) drink concoctions.
- Sprout & Grow Window – plant and see what happens under the soil.
- Fossil Collection – a fun collection for any kid who loves fossils.