This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
We had the pleasure of watching a little guy for some friends last weekend and when it was bath time I remembered how much my boys LOVED playing with Easter eggs in the bath long after Easter was over. We had all different sizes and colors and the boys used them for everything from digging in the dirt to hiding treats in them for the dogs. Their favorite thing though, was playing with them at bath time!
The best thing about plastic eggs is that they are so easy to come by and so inexpensive. You likely have some around your house already! Some baskets are also plastic and work great alongside the eggs for bath time fun.
When helping the kids with ideas I always let them play on their own at first. Once they start to get bored or ask me to play, then I’ll step in with ideas.
Plastic Egg Water Play Ideas
- Basketball – if you have a floating basket or bucket, play basketball with the eggs. It’s a little challenging because the basket moves but should be easy enough for little ones since they’re pretty close to the basket in the tub.
- Water spout – fill the eggs with water and then lift up to watch the water pour out of the holes.
- Stop and go – show your kids how they can cover the hole/holes on the top of the egg and stop or start the flow of water. There are some fun bath toys that do just this but plastic eggs are just as good! (Tip: if your egg has two holes on each side and your kiddo is having a hard time plugging both, just fill one of the holes with some hot glue before going into the bath)
- Basket fill – using the stop and go (or just the scoop) method see if you can fill the basket with water!
- Hide and Seek – if you’re having a bubble bath, hide the eggs in the bubbles so your child can look for them.
- Underwater assembly – try putting the eggs underwater to assemble instead of filling them up through the holes
For the most part, kids are pretty good at playing on their own. It’s fun to spark some new ideas though!