This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
It’s time! Another film in the beloved Star Wars universe is about to be released to the world. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is in theaters this Friday December 15th (though many theaters have Thursday evening showings and we are taking advantage of that)! I am always amazed at how well they keep the details of these films from the public. I think it definitely helps the excitement and build up of the movie! Colton and I were extremely lucky to be invited to the press screening here in Phoenix so we could let you know our thoughts on the film. WE HAVE LOTS OF THOUGHTS!
The Last Jedi picks up right after The Force Awakens ends so definitely at least watch that one before you go for a little re-fresh.
So what did we think of the film without giving anything away? What can you expect?
- I loved it more than The Force Awakens. There is less character building and more action.
- There is a LOT of action. So much going on so try to take your bathroom break right before and hold it all the way through if you can!
- SO many new creatures/characters that we are in LOVE with. And maybe some not so much…
- All the feels
- It’s FUNNY. We laughed so much and not just because we love Star Wars.
- Great directing. Rian Johnson did an amazing job and I can’t wait to hear what everyone else thinks.
- Incredible scenes. The visuals in this film are just stunning (not that it’s a surprise) and will be something I take in a little more on my next viewing.
Ok I’m going to stop there because it’s SO hard to give you a review without giving anything away. I want you to go in with as little as possible. I hate to hype up movies just because, but I can honestly say we LOVED The Last Jedi. Colton will be seeing it 2 more times this weekend at least.
If you’re thinking of taking your kids and they’ve seen the other Star Wars films (especially The Force Awakens) this is about the same as far as visuals and violence. Whether or not to take younger kids is always a personal choice but I think they do a good job of keeping them all around the same “level” of emotion, violence etc.
Have questions? Feel free to ask away! If I think it will give anything away I can email you privately.