We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
I am so excited to get my hands on a The Little Mermaid Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray thanks to our partners at Disney. It’s one of my ALL TIME favorite Disney movies (Flounder has long been one of my very favorite Disney characters). You can get your hands on a copy starting February 26th and I have some free activity and coloring sheets you can print out to celebrate. Can you believe it’s the THIRTIETH anniversary of the Little Mermaid? Yeah, me either.
When I was in L.A. for the #RalphBreakstheInternetEvent I got to see Disney Animator Mark Henn in action and he even drew Ariel for us! You can read more about that here. Learning about animation, how films are made, and all the details that go into Disney animated films makes me love the classics even more.
The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray
“In honor of its 30th anniversary, two-time Academy Award®-winner (Best Original Score and Best Original Song “Under the Sea,” 1989) “The Little Mermaid,” dives into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection with all-new bonus features and a sing-along mode. The magical, musical tale of mermaid princess Ariel — along with loveable sidekicks Sebastian and Flounder, and the love-to-hate sea witch Ursula — is shore to make a splash with all generations when it comes home for the first time Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12, and on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Feb. 26.”
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES (may vary by retailer) – BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the
music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join
Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White
(Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the
one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of
musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney
Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the
cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many
different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-
animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series
“Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts
about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the
acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and
discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features
including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
The Little Mermaid Printable Coloring & Activity Sheets
Need something to keep the kids busy? Print out these free coloring and activity sheets to do on-the-go or while you watch, re-watch, and sing along with The Little Mermaid!