We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
As a HUGE Pixar fan I could NOT turn the opportunity down to visit Pixar Studios in San Francisco to learn more about Incredibles 2 (in theaters June 15, 2018). That’s right, next week (thanks to our partners at Disney) I will get to tour Pixar studios and so much more. Scroll down to check out the itinerary!
Are you ready for more of the Parrs? I know I am! It was the first movie my now 13 year old was obsessed with. He was my own little Jack Jack (or Dash depending on his mood). I have always loved the Mid-Century styling of the movie and of course we can all relate to the characters in so many ways.
“Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to help bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home when a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot that only the Incredibles can overcome together.”
So what will we be doing while AT Pixar Studios? It all starts next week on Tuesday April 3.
Screening of footage from INCREDIBLES 2
Screening of the animated short “Bao” followed by a making-of presentation and Q&A with Director Domee Shi and Producer Becky Neiman
“Bao” themed reception
- CREATING THE WORLDS OF INCREDIBLES 2 – We will get to see how the worlds in INCREDIBLES 2 came together, both through architecture and design, and urban planning.
- INCREDIBLES 2 Filmmaker Presentations including the “Anatomy of an action scene”, an inside look at the wardrobe and costumes created for Elastigirl, Edna Mode and newcomer Evelyn Deavor.
- “CREATE YOUR SUPER” ACTIVITY – We will get to see how collaging was used by artists to conceptualize characters and their costumes, and try our own hand at creating a Super!
- PIXAR STUDIO TOUR – Guided tour of Pixar’s studio, with a focus on the brand-new art hallway featuring work from INCREDIBLES 2!
- POWERS – Find out more about Jack-Jack’s powers and the challenges that came along with them from the Effects team.
- Lunch / Shopping in the Pixar store.
- INCREDIBLES 2 press conference with Director Brad Bird and Producers Nicole Grindle & John Walker
- DISNEYLAND “Pixar Fest” presentation and Q&A with the Theme Parks team! I get to experience this the next week so I know I will LOVE learning about what they have planned!
- PIXAR ARCHIVES TOUR
- Walt Disney Family Museum! I absolutely LOVE this museum and will always jump at the chance to visit when I can!
- Go on a guided walk-through of the new “Make Believe: The World of Glen Keane” exhibit
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?
Ok so I’m going to Pixar Studios – what does that mean for you? Tell me what you want to see! Have you ever wondered what was behind the doors of Pixar Studios? How the talent ended up there? What they eat for lunch? What you can buy at the store? Tell me and I’ll video, photo, record all of it to share with you!
HOW TO FOLLOW ALONG
Ok so next week be sure to follow along for all the fun behind the scenes looks (and probably me geeking out a few times). Here’s where/how you can follow along:
- My Personal Instagram Stories
- All for the Boys Twitter
- The event hashtag #Incredibles2Event on Twitter
- All for the Boys Instagram Feed
- All for the Boys on Facebook (I’m hoping to have some time to do a live video!)
I can’t wait to share all the fun with you!