This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
Looking for Pixar Fest tips? All Summer Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are celebrating friendship and all things Pixar with Pixar Fest! Our blog sponsors at Disneyland had me out to experience Pixar Fest first hand on opening day so I’ve pulled together anything you could want to know about Pixar Fest all in one place including where to find all the Pixar Fest food, the best Pixar Fest merchandise, and more. If I didn’t answer your question, ask in the comments below!
What is Pixar Fest?
Pixar Fest is the biggest Pixar celebration ever to come to Disney Parks to celebrate friendship and of course, Pixar! Pixar Fest brings some of the beloved stories from Pixar Animation Studios to life in new ways at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks, with characters and experiences from films like “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up.” Since it is the largest celebration, there is SO much happening. I’ve listed all the fun below organized by parks so you can check them all off your list!
Where is Pixar Fest?
Pixar Fest spans both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. There is Pixar fun sprinkled throughout the parks between characters, food, music & entertainment.
When is Pixar Fest?
Guests can enjoy Pixar Fest from April 13 through Sept. 3, 2018. Pixar Pier opens June 23 and will bring even more Pixar fun to Disney California Adventure Park!
Special Food for Pixar Fest
One of the things I look forward to the most with special Disneyland celebrations is the food! There is no shortage of fun, limited time food to have during Pixar Fest. Here’s what you can look forward to trying when you visit AND where you can find it.
- Frozen Grape Soda Slush – Main Street Coffee Cart
- “Up” donuts – Main Street Coffee Cart
- Salted Caramel Butter Pecan Sundae – Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- “Up” inspired Chocolate-Hazelnut Pastries & specialty eclairs – Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Pastrami Dog – Refreshment Corner
- Pixar Lemon-Raspberry Cake – Plaza Inn
- Picnic Lunch (with reserved seating for the Pixar Play Parade) – Plaza Inn
- Fried Bologna Sandwich – Carnation Café
- Pork Chop Dinner served on a “TV tray” – Carnation Café
- Berry Funnel Cake – Stage Door Café
- Strawberry Funnel Cake – Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Al Pastor Huarache – Rancho del Zocalo
- Mexican Chocolate Pot de Crème – Rancho del Zocalo
- Three course meal featuring a cheese plate, Shrimp Ratatouille Byaldi, and Berry-Stuffed Beignets à la Mode –Café Orleans
- Potato Leek Soup – Royal Street Veranda
- Cheeseburger Pizza – Alien Pizza Planet
- Pepperoni pizza topped with green peppers and mushrooms – Alien Pizza Planet
- Chicken Caesar Salad – Alien Pizza Planet
- Antipasto Salad – Alien Pizza Planet
- Edamame-Noodle Salad – Alien Pizza Planet
- Pesto Pasta Salad – Alien Pizza Planet
- Strawberry and Sour Apple Slushes – Alien Pizza Planet
- Alien Macaron – Alien Pizza Planet
- Blackberry-Lime Parfait – Alien Pizza Planet
- Churros! There are many new churro options for Pixar Fest including:
- Cotton Candy inspired by “Finding Nemo” (orange-vanilla flavor)
- Lemon Churros with lemon sugar and multi-colored fruity cereal
- Strawberry Churro with strawberry sugar
- Cocoa Churro with chocolate powder, salted cinnamon sugar, and a Mexican chocolate dipping sauce inspired by “Coco”
- Carrot Cake Churro rolled in cinnamon sugar with raisin-carrot cream cheese frosting
- Pixar Lemon-Raspberry Cake – Pacific Wharf Café
- Whoopie Pies – Schmoozies
- Mint Chip Shake – Schmoozies
- Marshmallow Doughnut with marshmallow fluff filling – Schmoozies
- Funnel Cake Fries topped with whipped cream and fruity cereal – Award Wieners
- Pulled Pork Dog – Award Wieners
- Spicy Corn Dog – Corn Dog Castle
- Mike Wazowski Bread – Fairfax Market & Boudin Bread Cart
- Chilled Noodle Salad (this fun salad has noodles that change color!) – Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Tres Leches Parfait – Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- “Choose Your Racer” Churros (pick your color sugar) – Cozy Cone Motel
- Champions Corn Cup – Cozy Cone Motel
- Habanero Meatball Cone – Cozy Cone Motel
- Road Gravel Ice Cream Topping for soft serve – Cozy Cone Motel
- Iced Specialty Churro (drizzled with doughnut icing and dusted with cocoa cereal) – A Bug’s Land
- Sour Lemon Cotton Candy – throughout Disney California Adventure
- Yucatan-Inspired Vaporcitos – Paradise Garden Grill
- Mole Verde con Pollo – Paradise Garden Grill
- Tortitas de Papa con Queso – Paradise Garden Grill
- Tacos de Estilo Callejero – Paradise Garden Grill
- Ensalada de Frutas – Paradise Garden Grill
- Tres Leches Parfait with rum and vanilla bean Chantilly – Paradise Garden Grill
- Agua de Jamaica Slush – Paradise Garden Grill
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – Paradise Garden Grill
- Pixar Lemon-Raspberry Cake – Paradise Garden Grill
What to Do During Pixar Fest
Besides experiencing the magic of Disney, Pixar Fest gives guests the opportunity to experience Pixar characters through favorite attractions and new experiences.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” and Nemo and Dory from “Finding Nemo” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
At California Adventure:
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “A Bug’s Land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land gets guests moving to the music opening soon
- Animation Academy: Learn to draw your favorite Pixar Pals at the Animation Academy
- Pixar Short Film Festival: Catch Pixar shorts at the Sunset Showcase Theater
- Pixar Character Meet & Greet: Meet your favorite Pixar Pals in the Paradise Garden
- World of Pixar: Check out the World of Pixar exhibit also in Paradise Garden
- Pixar Pier Preview: Walk through a preview and inspiration of the new Pixar Pier at Blue Sky Cellars
What to See During Pixar Fest
There is so much creative and magical entertainment to take in while in the parks. In addition to taking in the fun new decor around the resort, here’s what you’ll want to plan your days around. Be sure to check the park calendars the day you’re visiting!
- Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular – an incredible show of friendship told through music, projections, fireworks and more. You can get a different view of the spectacular in different areas around the park
- Pixar Play Parade – now at Disneyland and with 3 new floats!
- Music – Disneyland Band, Straw Hatters, Dapper Dans, Main Street Piano Player, Royal Street Bachelors, and Jambalaya Jazz Band are in the spirit with new costumes and of course Pixar music!
At California Adventure:
- Paint the Night – this parade is now at Disney California Adventure and starting in June will have a brand new Incredibles float! Tip: Get the best seat and dinner (or a snack) with the Sonoma Terrace Reception or a Paint the Night Dining Package. These are such a great way to relax a bit for some food while getting a GREAT seat for the parade.
- TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra – this hilarious (and talented) new band will be performing throughout the day in Paradise Garden with some unconventional instruments.
Exclusive Pixar Fest Merchandise
Of course there is some really fun new merchandise available throughout both parks. Here’s a peek at some of that merchandise including a mug, ears, hats, friendship charms and bracelets.
These Pixar Fest ears come in several different friend pairs from Mosters Inc, Inside Out, Coco, Cars, Up, Toy Story, and Wall-E. They also have socks you can buy to pair up and coordinate with your hat and your friends.
Be sure to also check out Knick’s Knacks – a store dedicated to all things Pixar on the pier right across from the Cove Bar.
PIXAR FEST AP PERKS (for annual passholders)
Of course there are some perks for the Annual Passholders for Pixar Fest. Right now the AP corner is at the end of Paradise Garden almost up to the Pier just past Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta.
- Pixar Tervis mug
- Photo opp at AP Corner
- Limited edition Pixar Fest trading pins
- Exclusive hats, shirts etc. available in different spots throughout the parks. Visit the AP group on Facebook for more info
where to buy pixar fest tickets
Discount disneyland tickets
The first weekend of Pixar Fest Get Away Today had Adult tickets at the Kid’s price and they may have some more great promos coming up as well so stay tuned if you’re booking soon!
That’s a LOT of Pixar Fest fun for one summer. We’ll update this list as more opens up (like Pixar Pier) and becomes available. Here’s to Friendship and Beyond!