We LOVE Halloween Time at Disneyland! It’s such a fun time to visit the parks because of cooler weather, fun decorations, a newly decorated Haunted Mansion (we love it so much this time of year), new experiences throughout the park and Mickey’s Halloween Party!
Walt Disney World also has all kinds of Halloween fun with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
It’s a great excuse to dress up, eat some treats and experience the park in new ways. The cost for Mickey’s Halloween Party ranges from $79-$99 depending on dates and if you order tickets ahead of time (which you’ll want to). Here’s the timeline you’ll want to be aware of:
- July 21: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members
- July 28: Tickets on sale to general public
- Mickey’s Halloween Party 2016 dates: Friday, Sept. 23; Monday, Sept. 26; Wednesday, Sept. 28; Friday, Sept. 30; Monday, Oct. 3; Wednesday, Oct. 5; Friday, Oct. 7; Monday, Oct. 10; Wednesday, Oct. 12; Friday, Oct. 14; Monday, Oct. 17; Wednesday, Oct. 19; Friday, Oct. 21; Monday, Oct. 24; Wednesday, Oct. 26; Saturday, Oct. 29; and Monday, Oct. 31
You can see the prices for the dates you want to attend HERE. Keep in mind that you’ll still pay for parking unless you’re coming in without a vehicle (or staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel). Here’s us all dressed up a few years ago. You can also watch some fun videos we did here and here. This was still one of my favorite trips EVER!
Ready for some Mickey’s Halloween Party tips from us?
- Buy your tickets early. They tend to sell out fast, especially if you want to go towards the end of October. We love the earlier dates to kick off the season!
- Plan a costume that can stay cool and/or has layers. The weather can be unpredictable this time of year so you don’t want a big, heavy costume if it ends up being a hot day.
- Make sure you are aware of the costume rules for this year to keep everyone safe read more here. For example guests 14 and over cannot wear masks.
- Get there early! You can enter the park up to 3 hours early with your ticket which makes it a GREAT value!
- New for 2016 The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow rides his ghostly black steed and carries his flickering jack-o-lantern through the heart of Disneyland, heralding the arrival of Mickey’s Halloween Party character cavalcade, presented on the 17 nights of this special party. Definitely check him out.
- Don’t stop at the first trick-or-treat stops if you’re coming in right when the party starts. Spread out and enjoy the fun!
- Look around and enjoy the fun atmosphere that is so different than normal nights at Disneyland.
- Keep a look out for Cadaver Dans in the fog-filled Rivers of America. We love them!
- When your little ones need to burn off some of that sugar or get some energy out go to the Tomorrowland Terrace for a family-friendly dance party. The music is always awesome.
- Take advantage of the unique “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party that is hosted by “Master of Scare-monies” Jack Skellington. Even if you don’t want to take the time to stake out a spot, you can make your way towards the castle to watch some of the spectacular!
- Enjoy the rides! We found that this was a great time to hop on some of our favorites because there is so much going on at the park, less people are jumping on attractions.
- Bring a backpack to carry the kids’ extra snacks. If you want to stay late, your kids will likely tire of carrying their treats around so having a stroller or backpack will help carry the load.
- Have SO much fun!
- Not visiting on one of these dates? You’ll still get to experience some of the Halloween Time fun with attractions, treats and surprises around the parks!
Do you have more tips for Mickey’s Halloween Party? Let us know and we’ll add them here!
Author: Allison Waken
Allison Waken is a wife, mom of boys and Phoenix, AZ native. She has been creating inspiring content for All for the Boys since 2011. Allison loves travel, movies and spending as much time with her family while she can!