We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Sponsored by Lorex.
Are you thinking about adding security cameras to your home but not sure what system to go with or if its worth it? Here are some reasons we LOVE the new Lorex security camera additions to our home automation.
With tech-savvy, teenaged boys at home, we are always looking for ways to improve our home security and home automation. The one thing we hadn’t done yet was adding security cameras to our home. Thanks to our partnership with Lorex we can check that off our list. I absolutely LOVE these new additions to our home automation gadgets, and I thought I’d share some initial thoughts about why we chose to add security cameras and the fun ways we’re already using them.
We JUST installed our cameras so we’re beginning to break the surface of what we can do with these. However, we love them so much that I couldn’t wait to write about some of their useful features!
We had this Lorex 4K IP camera system installed, and I appreciate that you can add more cameras as needed. These cameras have so many great features, including 4x optical zoom, extreme weather durability, cloud storage and more. Since I love to share things we’re doing and using around our house, even though we just started, I wanted to share some ways we’re already using our security camera system from Lorex and some reasons why you might begin to consider getting one as well!
5 Reasons We Installed a Lorex Camera System in Our Home
- Peace of mind – With two busy teenaged boys at home, someone is always coming and going. They have more and more responsibilities and freedom as they get older and having cameras installed makes it SO easy for me to know when they leave and get home from school without them having to check in. As a mom, I love seeing them pull up after a day at school or out with friends.
- For fun – I have to say, we’ve gotten more laughs and smiles out of our new cameras than anything else. I’ve seen skeletons, costumes, and friends pop up on the cameras just since this weekend! I love that we can keep an eye on the weather, and even neighborhood animals in addition to just watching who’s coming in and out of our house.
- To watch the pets – we haven’t set a camera up inside yet, but we’re trying to decide where to place our next ones. We’re considering setting one up inside to keep an eye on Chance and Kona while we’re out. The Lorex system and app allows me to easily record or turn off recording for any camera on my system.
- To watch the pests – OK, so that’s a little extreme. But, living in the desert, we have some intriguing animal guests show up throughout the night. Coyotes, javelina, and large hawks are all common animal visitors that frequent the neighborhood. It’s interesting and helpful to know who’s coming around and what they’re doing or looking for when they are here.
- To be a good neighbor – My neighbors all have cameras installed. I LOVE it because we all help each other out to know when packages have been delivered (so we can secure them if one of us is out of town) and to let each other know that we might have left a door open, that a sprinkler is broken, or even that a car dome light is on. My neighbors are always awesome about watching out for us, and now we can be good neighbors and help them out as well!
My teenagers love the option to check who’s at the door when we’re not home, and I love that I can see who’s dropping off a package! Overall, we are delighted with the newest addition to our home security and are always seeking new ways to use it to our advantage. You can check out the many options Lorex has on their website. They have wired, wireless, 4K, and even color night vision cameras. I’m excited to add a few more to our collection soon!