We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
I combined several favorite holiday side dish recipes into one and came up with this amazing cauliflower casserole that the boys LOVE. It’s cheesy, FULL of the holiday herbs you’d expect, and loaded with cauliflower goodness. It’s a new favorite in our house so I thought I’d share with you too. As a bonus, it’s naturally gluten-free and low carb if you have family members with special diets. Topped with a creamy spoonful of Shamrock Farms sour cream and some fresh chives, this beautiful (but more importantly, delicious) casserole is sure to be your new favorite holiday side dish too!
Holiday Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
Most of the time spent for this recipe is just waiting for the cauliflower to roast! It’s pretty simple but makes a big statement at the dinner table!
- 4lbs cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5-6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 shallot diced
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- fresh chives chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or reserved bacon fat)
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Place cut cauliflower in a casserole dish and toss with oil (or bacon fat), salt, and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower until soft and starting to brown tossing occasionally. (30-40 minutes)
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups cheddar, bacon, scallions, rosemary, and thyme in a medium bowl until well combined.
- When cauliflower is roasted, evenly place cream cheese mixture over the cauliflower (don't worry about mixing it in).
- Top with remaining cheddar and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly - 5-7 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with sour cream and chives.
We LOVE using Shamrock Farms brand because every Shamrock Farms product begins with pure, fresh, nutritious milk with no added growth hormones. Their sour cream is crafted using a hands-on approach that they’ve been refining for three generations, to ensure we get a rich, creamy, delicious sour cream. Colton visited the farm with me once and has insisted on buying Shamrock Farms products ever since. We totally notice a difference now if we’re out and use another brand. Especially the sour cream! It’s that good.
Phoenix Area Holiday Event at Shamrock Farms
Looking for a fun holiday event in Phoenix? Shamrock Farms is hosting it’s annual Joy to the Herd event this weekend Dec 1-2!
If you’ve never been to the farm it really is a fun an interesting experience for the whole family. For this special holiday event, they’ll be transforming their Welcome Barn into a winter wonderland with snow shipped directly from the North Pole, holiday crafts, face painting, a special visit from Santa (and Shamrock Farms’ own Roxie of course).