We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Universal Studios Hollywood is a favorite CA spot for us. We try to visit at least once a year and this summer was such a fun summer for new additions. Summer is coming to an end (the last day of Summer this year is September 23) but there is definitely still time to visit Universal Studios Hollywood. It’s the perfect little escape and family trip to take to wrap up the Summer and get ready for Fall. Parker & I visited recently to see all that was new and had a BLAST.
7 REasons to Visit Universal Studios Hollywood Before Summer Ends
- The newly re-imagined Jurrasic World – The Ride is AMAZING. It just re-opened and is better than ever. It features an original storyline that takes place within the theme park as depicted in Jurassic World. You can see new dinosaurs from the film, lush scenic design, and ground-breaking technology that has yet to be experienced within a theme park. Parker and I loved it SO much and can’t wait to go back.
- Eat at the new Jurrasic Cafe with Costa Rican-themed cuisine like Pomegranate Guacamole with plantain chips, Sweet Corn Cakes with Slow Roasted Mojo Pork or Spicy Mojo Jackfruit, Citrus Glazed Chicken, Fresh Roasted Red Snapper and Isla Burger.
- Get a drink at Isla Nu-bar. This open-air bar serves up delicious island-inspired drinks and cocktails like a Tropical Margarita, Piña Colada, Painkiller, Tiki Tai, Bird of Paradise, Ti Peach, Rum Runner, and Mai Tai.
- Meet a raptor or even a baby raptor! You can get up close to Blue, meet a Triceratops and even get up close with a new baby Raptor all located near Jurrasic World – The Ride.
- Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle – we loved this even more than we thought we would! Lights, music, and special effects on Hogwarts Castle all come together for an incredible show. You’ll probably want to see it more than once. It’s that good! You’ll have to go soon as this is scheduled to run only until August 11th.
- Dance with Guy Diamond – you can now meet Guy Diamond along with Poppy and he is here to dance and bring a little glitter in your day. If you’re lucky you may even get to see him fart glitter lol! Their meet and greet spot is super cute and you can find it right across from the DreamWorks Theatre.
- It’s one place to go that will entertain the entire family. There is so much to do at Universal Studios Hollywood and there really is entertainment, food, and attractions for everyone. Our family of teens really love everything but our long term family favorite is the World Famous Studio Tour. You learn something new every time your ride (we went twice on our last visit) and it’s packed with action, special effects, and fun movie facts.
If you’re only visiting for one day we highly recommend the Universal Express! It includes ONE-TIME express access to each ride, attraction and seated show so you can fit it all in. There is so much fun coming up in the Fall (Halloween Horror Nights anyone?!) but I hope this gave you some great reasons to visit before the end of summer. We’re so glad we did!