We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
We LOVE movies. We may not all love the same movies, but, as a family, we LOVE movies. Ever since the boys could sit still in a theater, going to the movies has been my very favorite family activity! When our local AMC Theaters changed to reclining, reserved seats and added in the Coca-Cola® Freestyle Machine it’s been our go-to spot. I LOVE being able to walk in a few minutes before the movie, grab some snacks (or order them online and have them delivered to our seats), and just enjoy the film.
10 Reasons Going to a Movie Theater is Our Favorite Family Activity
- Family Time – I absolutely love that going to the theater is something we can do as a family even now that the boys are teens.
- Discussion – After the movie when we walk back to the car and on the drive home, we love to talk about what we saw. What we liked, didn’t like, thought was funny, how a character reminded us of someone we all know…
- Relaxation – Those reclining seats at AMC are so comfy! I love being able to come with the family and have to relax for a couple hours.
- No Devices – When we watch movies at home it’s inevitable that someone will get a call, check their email, get messages from friends etc. Going to the theater means no devices for the whole movie!
- Snacks – Snack time at the movies is THE BEST! Our AMC Theaters has everything we want when we go to the movies. Popcorn, maybe some candy and whatever flavor Coca-Cola you want from the Coca-Cola Freestyle Machine! We all like something different and love that you can create your own flavors. There are literally 100+ drink choices at your fingertips. So whether you want Sprite® Peach, Hi-C® Raspberry Lime or a Dasani Lime (my favorite – I LOVE that they have this as an option), the choice is yours. Simply touch the screen to begin, push the lever for ice, and choose your drink! My boys are all about Coca-Cola Vanilla and Coca-Cola Lemon right now.
- Dinnertime Talk – Having a love of movies means lots to talk about around the dinner table if no one wants to talk about school.
- Support the Film Industry – Parker (15) wants to work in the film industry when he’s older so we definitely want to support film in general and continue to support the types of movies we want to keep seeing.
- To Be Entertained – My #1 factor in how much I like a movie is – was I entertained? Film is an art form and is one of our favorite forms of entertainment.
- Old School – It’s one of those family activities that I did with my family. I love that families still go to the movies and make a whole day out of it like I used to with my parents.
- Best Way to See A Movie – Going to the theater is THE BEST way to see a movie. No matter how much we improve our home theater set-up we’ll never get to the level of sound, and the awesome selection of snacks or drinks at a movie theater!
The boys just discovered that Coca-Cola has a Coca-Cola Freestyle App where you can find a Coca-Cola Freestyle Machine near you, get special offers at your favorite locations, save your favorite drinks, complete challenges and win prizes, and more! With teenagers in the house, sometimes where we go is dependent on their food/drink options and somewhere with a Coca-Cola Freestyle Machine is always high on the list – especially movie theaters.
Basically, having a family activity that everyone loves makes such a huge difference in time spent together. I have a feeling going to the movies will continue on as our favorite family activity long after my boys leave home.