We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #doingthe99 #99yourhalloween #CollectiveBias
Every year around September my boys start talking about the upcoming holidays. They’ve always loved all the parties and fun around Halloween so it’s no surprise that they want to talk about decorating. One year I let them pick out some decorations for their room at our 99 Cents Only store. Now it’s become a tradition so when I mentioned going to pick up a few things at the 99, the boys HAD to come along.
If you’ve never been to the 99, you’re missing out! They have all sorts of name brand products (I often make a run here before a Disney trip) and you can get a TON for your money. They even have fresh produce at great prices and my boys won’t let me leave without going down the snack aisles.
They always have a great selection of holiday supplies and Halloween is no different. You really can get all you need here!
My boys have always loved animals and science so for Halloween they love skeletons, animals and “sciencey” things (or gross things) as opposed to ghosts and zombies. We are loving the animal skeletons that are so popular right now and the 99 had several different ones to choose from!
We’ve done a few different things in their rooms so this year we thought we’d share:
5 ways to decorate a teen’s room for Halloween
- I’m watching you – the 99 had a few large eyeball options but we went for these big glow in the dark ones to place on the door so you know something good is coming when you open up!
- Bugs out of the vent – they wanted to do this last year and we never got around to it! Take some plastic bugs, some foam dots and stick them to the ceiling or wall like they are escaping from the vents. I also put some extra bugs in jars around the room.
- Desk organization – use a mug or vase to hold pencils, pens and scissors on their desk. This skull mug is cute with the lid and straw it came with from the 99, but we love it a little more as a desk organizer.
- Skeleton collection – these have been so popular the last couple of years and I loved the selection from the 99! These are easy to display on shelves as the start of an creepy animal collection.
- Gallery wall – between wall hangings, plates and plaques there were SO many different decor ideas to choose from. Mix and match items from the 99 to create an entire and totally inexpensive gallery wall. Hang them up with removable hooks or adhesive, just make sure you use ones for the proper weight.
There is NO way I could have gotten all of these supplies and made as big of an impact for right around $30 like we did here. The skeleton animals alone would have been over $40/$50 at other retailers for all the ones we got!
Have you been to the 99 lately? What do you love to pick up there?! There is always something new so definitely stop by if you haven’t been for a while. Check out this site for more Halloween inspiration from other 99’ers.