Sponsored by Shamrock Farms
In our busy household we love a good, easy, filling breakfast. Something everyone loves that’s packed with goodness that can be ready to go when we are! Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese is actually one of my favorite snacks so I decided to see how it would do in a baked oatmeal recipe since that’s a favorite “go to” in our house. I absolutely love how it turned out! It added a bit of creaminess and some protein while not overpowering the dish. SO good!
Everyone in our house loves the texture of baked oatmeal so we eat it often. I like mine less sweet but the boys like a little more sweetness so they always top theirs with some maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar. Either way, we’ve found that it’s a great make ahead breakfast since it re-heats well! I just make it one morning (or the night before), store it in the fridge and then re-heat single servings in the microwave when we’re ready to eat it.
I love cottage cheese and have been trying different ways to use it (since I usually just eat it straight). I found that it works really well in this recipe to add some creaminess.
Easy Baked Berry Oatmeal with Cottage Cheese
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups frozen mixed berries (or berries of your choice)
- ¾ cup Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray (I used coconut oil spray)
- Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl
- Add in frozen berries and wet ingredients and combine well
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the top is as browned as you like
- Serve with a dollop of cottage cheese, milk, fresh berries and maple syrup, honey or brown sugar if you need a little extra sweetness.
Just mix the dry ingredients, add the berries, then add the wet. Add to a prepared casserole dish, bake covered for a bit, then uncovered to crisp up the top!
I LOVE this one served with a bit of milk and topped with cottage cheese and fresh berries. The boys love it with milk and maple syrup. I like to top theirs with pure, fresh Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese since it naturally provides the protein needed to power their day. Protein helps with energy and focus, keeping you fuller longer, maintaining bone health, and more lean muscle and Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese has 13 grams of protein per serving! Ever since we toured their dairy my youngest insists on only buying Shamrock Farms brand since he saw first hand how their products are crafted using a hands-on approach that has been refined for three generations.
Have you tried baked oatmeal yet? It’s my favorite way to eat it! Definitely give this one with the special ingredient and let me know what you think!