We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #CreateYourOwnRules
The older my teens get, the busier they get doing things they love. With a 17 and 18 year old at home, we’ve learned some tips and tricks for not only easy meals but how to keep up a decent variety of meals too. From microwave and go to quick bowls to fill their stomachs I’ve got some easy meal ideas for you made even quicker using Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant, Frozen from Sam’s Club.
The last several years the boys have been making their own meals almost exclusively (aside from dinner where we take turns). Having easy meal ideas, options, and food ready to go has helped tremendously. I stock up on favorites from Sam’s Club (I LOVE their shop online and pick up curbside option) as well as ready-made frozen foods to make their lives easier. Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant and Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips are perfect additions to the freezer if you have teens in the house.
The Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant and Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips are so convenient and flavorful. These are perfect to heat up and eat while getting the backpacks ready for the day or while running out the door to practice. I love that they are individually packaged with the instructions on each one.
Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips are fully cooked, 100% All Natural* (minimally processed, no artificial ingredients) with 13g protein per serving. These are perfect for heating up and assembling into all sorts of easy meals. My boys love “bowls” with the chicken strips. I like to keep pre-cooked rice, pre-chopped veggies or other toppings, and unique spices on hand so they can mix and match to create different flavors and combinations. They also make delicious wraps using the same ideas. One recent favorite is a teriyaki bowl with an egg. They make it by heating up their Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips and some white rice. While those are heating, they fry an egg (one of the first things they learn to cook on their own).
To assemble, place the re-heated strips onto the rice in a bowl.
Top with the fried egg and drizzle teriyaki sauce on top.
Sprinkle some furikake seasoning or dried seaweed on top. Delicious, quick, and so filling. This is an after-practice favorite.
Here is a list of some other easy meals you can pull together with the Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips as well as what to have prepped ahead of time to make it even quicker.
Easy Meal Ideas for Busy Teens
- Teriyaki Egg bowl (described above)
- Burrito bowl – Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips, cooked rice, chopped tomatoes, onions, shredded cheese, salsa guacamole
- Chicken Mac & Cheese – leftover mac & cheese with Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips on top
- Chicken Mashed Potato Bowl – Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips on top of mashed potatoes with corn, cheese, and gravy
- Chicken Bacon Ranch wrap – tortilla or wrap with chicken strips, bacon, cheese, ranch, and green onion
- BBQ Chicken Bowl – tortilla, coleslaw or lettuce, chicken strips, bbq sauce, corn, and black beans
- Spicy Chicken Wrap – tortilla, Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips, greek yogurt or sour cream, sriracha, lettuce, tomato, and onion
- Chicken Sandwich Wrap – tortilla, Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips, mayonnaise or fast food sauce, and pickles
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap – tortilla, Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips, buffalo sauce, mayonnaise, lettuce, blue cheese, avocado
- Buffalo Chicken Bowl – Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips, buffalo sauce, mayonnaise, lettuce, blue cheese, avocado over rice or lettuce
- Leftover Bowl – LOTS of dinner leftovers can work with Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips some rice, potatoes, or a wrap to make something a bit different than dinner but still just as easy as heating up leftovers
The idea is to mix and match different flavors, veggies, spices, or sauces to create unique meals without having to spend a ton of time in the kitchen creating it.