We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
The Phantom of the Opera is in Tempe, AZ at ASU Gammage starting THIS week! It runs May 27 – June 7, 2015 and YES! I am taking my 10 & 12 year old boys.
First, a bit about the new show: “This PHANTOM features a brilliant new scenic design by Paul Brown, Tony Award®-winning original costume design by Maria Björnson, lighting design by Tony Award®-winner Paule Constable, new choreography by Scott Ambler, and a new staging by director Laurence Connor. The production, overseen by Matthew Bourne and Cameron Mackintosh, boasts many exciting special effects including the show’s legendary chandelier. The beloved story and thrilling score — with songs like “Music of the Night,” “All I Ask Of You,” and “Masquerade” — will be performed by a cast and orchestra of 52, making this PHANTOM one of the largest productions now on tour. – See more at: http://asugammage.com/shows/2014-15-broadway-season/the-phantom-of-the-opera#sthash.gK8QTToa.dpuf“
Not to mention Chris Mann is The Phantom right now (yes, Chris Mann from NBC’s The Voice!) How cool is that?! So why am I taking my boys? A few reasons!
- So they can experience different art forms.
- Expose them to entertainment outside of TV/video games.
- To learn how to behave in different social situations (they are amazing, but I always feel like it’s such a great life lesson to experience the culture of theater).
- To not lose a love of the fine arts.
- To be inspired. Even if they grow up to have a job in computer technology, learning to gain inspiration from different places is such an invaluable skill.
- So their wives will thank me some day 😉
I am SO excited to see what they think!
There are limited tickets left here in Phoenix so grab them while you can!