We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Have you ever been to a movie and sat in silence for 5 minutes afterwards? THIS is one of those movies. When we left the theater we were asked to give our first impression (mind you I sat still & then blabbed out my thoughts/first impressions with friends in the theater after the end credit scene) and I’ll I could think of was “EPIC”. I tried so hard to be more eloquent but that’s all that would come out 😂
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR “MOM” REVIEW
If you’re like me, have teenagers (or are just going to see the movie for yourself), and know you’re going to see the movie regardless, go read my friend Kimberly’s (well, her husband Andre’s) post of 10 reasons why you should see Avengers: Infinity War.
If you’re a Mom of that “in between” age and are trying to decide whether or not to take your kids here are my “mom hat” thoughts on some of the biggest questions/topics that parents are wondering with new Marvel movies:
- It’s funny (so funny) but also sad/upsetting. So definitely pre-screen for sensitive ones, even if they’ve seen the other Marvel films.
- There are BIG concepts/themes that you may want to pre-screen for if you have kids that dwell on big philosophical issues.
- There is A LOT of fighting (which is what makes it so epic)
- There is a decent amount of swearing and one “flipping of the bird”
- There are references to body parts (absolutely hysterical that my boys are going to DIE when they hear) but they are there.
All that said, I know many parents who will be taking their kids, some that won’t, and some that will pre-screen like most any other PG-13 movie.
As for me, I CAN’T WAIT to see it again. The comedy, the combining of all our favorite Marvel super heroes from the past 10 years, Thanos, teenaged Groot, the planets, the fighting, the banter… it’s just SO good. You will laugh and then have to make yourself be quiet so you can hear what’s going on for the next scene when you’ll be gasping or crying or cheering (yes, there were many audible cheers when we watched it). It does NOT feel like a 2 1/2 hour movie at all. Try not to go to the bathroom either because you’ll most definitely miss something lol! Grab your tickets if you haven’t yet. Theaters start showing Thursday night!