This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PoppedWithTheForce #CollectiveBias
Are you looking for after school snack ideas for your kids? My teens always come home from school hungry so we’ve definitely had our fare share of after school snacks! I’ve pulled together a huge list of snack ideas to get you inspired to have easy ,and even better-for-you snack ideas, on hand for your teens and/or tweens.
My boys have always been big eaters (and with one at already 6ft tall I guess we know why)! Ever since they were little I’ve tried to introduce all kinds of snack options to keep them interested in different types of foods. Sometimes we just want variety! They almost always want something crunchy included and one of their current favorite snacks is crunchy but not fried, non-gmo, gluten free, made with real aged white cheddar, AND features some of their favorite Star Wars characters – popchips Star Wars Galaxy Puffs!
We all actually love these snacks (and a lot of the popchips options in general) so I pick them up often at our local Fry’s when shopping.
After School Snack Ideas for Teens
Ok, looking for some inspiration? A giant list of ideas when you just don’t know what to have on hand or ready when the kids get home? Here’s a BIG list of snack ideas for teens/tweens/kids or even adults:
- Crunchy snacks like popchips Star Wars Galaxy Puffs are always a favorite (and are gluten free so I enjoy them as well)
- Hard boiled eggs or deviled eggs. Mix up the deviled egg flavors like pizza deviled eggs (cheese & basil topped with pepperoni) or whatever you have on hand.
- Sunflower seeds in all kinds of flavors
- Beef (or turkey) Jerky
- Popcorn – place out flavors to add to the popcorn for fun like Old Bay (my 15 year old’s current favorite) or parmesan cheese
- Graham crackers and milk (try them with peanut butter)
- String Cheese
- Meat and cheese plate (one of our regulars)
- Olives (try different types)
- Fruit or a fruit salad
- Veggies/pita/pretzels and dip like guacamole, hummus, or ranch dressing
- Go “old school” with peanut butter on celery with raisins or chocolate chips
- Nachos (just melted cheese on chips or add toppings especially if you have leftovers from taco night)
- Chips & queso, guacamole, or bead dip
- Breakfast cookies
- Bagels (try a sandwich on a bagel)
- Bagel or English Muffin Pizza – pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni broiled for a bit in the oven
- Tortilla with melted butter and cinnamon sugar for a treat or rolled up with peanut butter and bananas
- Frozen grapes or other fruit
- Applesauce / Yogurt
- Homemade freezer pops
I’ll have to come back in and add more ideas as they come to me because we’re always making up a new snack! Snacks are perfect to chow down when doing homework, walking home from school
OR for a backyard movie night! I thought these popchips Star Wars Galaxy Puffs would be perfect for a Star Wars movie night since everyone loves them so much plus they couldn’t be easier to “prepare”.
These would be perfect for a “May the 4th” (Star Wars Day) snack or for a Star Wars Party snack as well!