We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of the HTH® Brand. I received promotional items and HTH® products and/or compensation in exchange for my participation. The opinions and text are mine.
We LOVE making fun summer memories in our backyard pool. We’ve learned a few things about taking good, clear underwater photos. One of them is definitely keeping the pool it’s cleanest and clearest using HTH Pool Care products and their 4-Step Program.
- Start with a clean, clear water.
- The lighter your pool surface the better.
- Don’t be afraid of full sun. The more light the better. Since you’re going under water the light is filtering through differently and might seem bright even in the shade, but you’ll get better results with lots of light.
- Stay towards the top of the water (for the same lighting reasons).
- Take lots of the same shot. It’s hard to tell how your photo is going to turn out so take several shots.
- Try to remain as still as possible for the sharpest shot.
- Have fun!
HTH’s 4-Step program is easy even for me to use to keep our pool at it’s cleanest. It’s even color-coded to make it easy for me to use. The four steps are Testing & Balance, Sanitize, Shock and Prevent Algae. They have products perfect for each step and tips on keeping your pool maintained. During monsoon season here we have to keep a close eye on our pool to keep it clean.
Our pool didn’t need more than a some skimming of leaves and it’s usual Extended Skimmer Sticks.
I also like using the HTH® Party Potion if the pool needs a bit of beautifying before a big party! The boys love taking our GoPro into the pool for fun photos with friends. Like I said before we’ve had some trial and error in getting great underwater shots but by following the tips above the boys have learned how to take some fun photos!
I thought this was a fun coincidence. I was taking a photo of them, the same time they got this shot (even though it wasn’t underwater).
As a birthday gift we thought it would be fun to frame one of our favorites. We added a water color to a white frame with some paint…
and added a fun photo.
Who takes care of the pool care in your house? For more info on HTH® products and their 4-step program check out the HTH Blog and HTH Pool Facebook Page.
Thanks for supporting the sponsors that help support us!